Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemstone is becoming Pay2Win?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    YOU DID IT
    Like, everyone did, for decades.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Getting a premium home in the location you want is how you win.
    LOL, in that case, I'mma never win. :'(
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Quote Originally Posted by Alastir View Post
    If they ever get around to fixing disarm I might bring out the nicer toys, but I primarily hunt OTF so it's a +8 ebladed lance for most of my hunting.
    You're such a disingenuous person.

You hunt that way because of the mechanics - not because of the extras. If the mechanic was gone you'd play with the extras. Stop representing yourself differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    More like a gambling addict. He isn't a whale.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    You hunt that way because of the mechanics - not because of the extras. If the mechanic was gone you'd play with the extras.
    It's a Disarm mechanic and I wholeheartedly agree that one should exist. The problem is the penalty is potentially THOUSANDS of dollars and YEARS of 'work'. It's like taking a fucking Ferrari off road to some people.

It's not a mechanics issue, it's a cost+time issue. One that won't really be addressed properly because all of the substitutes are babying ones.

I wish simu would embrace the full pay to win model and get rid of a monthly subscription. Give everyone access to their old characters, and people would return.

Take only one thing away - through bweekly exp bonus Offer the gift in the store - and raise the cost for more than one in s week. Start it out at like 2 bucks, doubling in price for more in the week. They'd probably end up making more and there may end up an actual community again.
    Last edited by Alfster; 02-17-2019 at 11:52 PM.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    It's a Disarm mechanic and I wholeheartedly agree that one should exist. The problem is the penalty is potentially THOUSANDS of dollars and YEARS of 'work'. It's like taking a fucking Ferrari off road to some people.

It's not a mechanics issue, it's a cost+time issue. One that won't really be addressed properly because all of the substitutes are babying ones.
    Totally agree. That's not what Alastir was saying though. Just pointing out his BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    You're such a disingenuous person.

You hunt that way because of the mechanics - not because of the extras. If the mechanic was gone you'd play with the extras. Stop representing yourself differently.

Would I play with the extras, yes. And I do in other areas. Does that mean they're necessary? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    I wish simu would embrace the full pay to win model and get rid of a monthly subscription. Give everyone access to their old characters, and people would return.

Take only one thing away - through bweekly exp bonus Offer the gift in the store - and raise the cost for more than one in s week. Start it out at like 2 bucks, doubling in price for more in the week. They'd probably end up making more and there may end up an actual community again.
    I've said it for years. Roll the basic subscription into F2P and offer Premium + Platinum deals that expand upon your experience. That's what a vast majority of games online do these days. You supplement income by selling cash shop items to those who don't want a prem/plat package. Exp boosters, treasure boosters, all that fine crap that you usually see in a game.

This isn't difficult. They make it difficult.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mgoddess View Post
    LOL, in that case, I'mma never win. :'(
    There's always the sewer.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984