Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemstone is becoming Pay2Win?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    But you cant win the game. Unless you morph into David Whatley. He is the only winner.
    "just don't care about the stuff the game is designed to make you care about"

like i get what you're saying. I don't even disagree to a large extent, but it's a pretty oversimplified view of the situation. People, for the most part, want cool shit. Of course you don't NEED it strictly speaking. Said cool shit is increasingly only offered behind pay walls. Pay2actuallydothethingsyouwanttodointhegame just doesn't have the same ring to it though.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

The game is stagnant and all we're seeing is what could essentially be a ton of items and effects and scripts that could be transformed into a proper quest. Or regular feature.

Nobody wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastir View Post
    I hunt with a +8 lance that I eblade and wear 4x robes at cap. Triple capped.

You don't "need" the extras but if that is what you enjoy and want to spend your money on it, is that wrong?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    "just don't care about the stuff the game is designed to make you care about"

like i get what you're saying. I don't even disagree to a large extent, but it's a pretty oversimplified view of the situation. People, for the most part, want cool shit. Of course you don't NEED it strictly speaking. Said cool shit is increasingly only offered behind pay walls. Pay2actuallydothethingsyouwanttodointhegame just doesn't have the same ring to it though.
    What shit are you supposed to care about? You don't need to pay anything other than your subscription.

There is pay2makeeasier, but again, you aren't "winning" anything.
    Last edited by Gelston; 02-16-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

i'll go opposite of alastir, I've spent tens of thousands and I don't have anymore fun than the rest of you. maybe less. so stop fucking complaining. Use that energy to make money.

It's not really pay to win, but I do think the game has entered the final stage money grab phase. Balance is no longer a concern. If you spend enough real life dollars, you can have anything made. Is balance important for the health of the game? I don't know, but they used to claim that it was. Warden is rolling over in his grave and Wyrom is dancing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    If they ever get around to fixing disarm I might bring out the nicer toys, but I primarily hunt OTF so it's a +8 ebladed lance for most of my hunting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beldar17 View Post
    i'll go opposite of alastir, I've spent tens of thousands and I don't have anymore fun than the rest of you. maybe less. so stop fucking complaining. Use that energy to make money.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Any day that I click what's new and a Gemstone thread is above a trump one... That's a cool feeling..

I can't afford to pay to win... Although I'm kinda curious about the #1's because some of them pop up out of thin air.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Warden is rolling over in his grave and Wyrom is dancing on it.
    It's sad to watch.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984