Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Gemstone is becoming Pay2Win?

Wyrom has done a lot of things for me and others that I know don't get discussed because people will freak out. "What? An obvious bug/issue was fixed? WELL WHAT ABOUT MY GUILD? WHAT ABOUT SAVANTS? WHY IS SCATTER STILL SCATTERED? SHITTY POOP IN MY BUTTHOLE!" When I asked for warcry to get healed after an arena run because it was a stress not a cooldown (like, specifically that was the reasoning I felt it should be healed) Literally everything else was then demanded to be cleared too, using the warcry fix as an example of why their once a day skill should be allowed to be used every single arena run. It was a fucking shit show. I wish he had just said fuck it and reverted warcries back.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Well, I'd say square development as a whole has been hugely lacking. Honestly, empaths and clerics seem to be the only classes getting any semi-substantial development

I won't argue that I'd love to see more square dev, and will concede rogues and monks specifically could use it more. But Paladins, wizards, and sorcerors have gotten a ton of dev too.

And what about item loss mechanics? Even the whales have good reason to want that one finished!
    What about it? I don't personally care nor ever had an issue with it but I'm a warrior and disarm master that does other things to reduce the chance of loss. But it has been stated it is a priority and Estild's (and other Dev GMs) definitive responses means it must be close, because they don't risk anymore saying yes something is happening and dealing with the backlash of not so I assume it is near done again or with a staff member that is dependable. They also stated the delay was due to the loss of a previous staff member that had been working on it.

Let me ask you this though...could you possibly see the current Simu doing something as massive as say...introducing EN, or creating a new engine and GS4? Etc., etc..
    I don't know, but I would like to know why the mangler is off limits but have accepted it is. I mean, I know it has to do with on site only allowed to touch that code but not sure why policy wise.

How long did it take them to introduce the player shop fix? And that was pretty much the work of one GM. And honestly that's the case with just about any change anymore - One odd GM does some dev, and it takes forever to get implemented.
    A year or so. Retser is awesome.

How long ago were those warrior guild updates? Seems like ages ago now...
    About 10 years ago, and I still love them.

https://gswiki.play.net/Warrior_Guild/saved_posts

I could excuse the reduced dev, if Simu could make the claim that reduced playerbase has brought reduced revenue. But the reality is they are rolling in revenue. Why isn't that revenue being spent on coders?
    Don't know, but pretty sure that is a higher level decision than Dev or Wyrom. And not one likely to change.

Even Wyrom said that the lag issues in game have to do with the FE - Makes sense, we're using a FE that is how old? Why not spend some of that whale milk on, I don't know, not having a 20 year old FE?
    I'd say it is a contributing cause but sure a new FE would be great.

I personally, see and read announcements often. The vast majority do not really apply to me playing one profession and character mostly but I still acknowledge it and am happy for the players who do benefit and the game overall. One I would like to see is Postcap Dev, one that I did want to see was Playershops fixes. Attention is cycled to professions and rogues are likely due for more updates as some of the new dev coders are specifically commenting on them wanting to improve the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    Literally everything else was then demanded to be cleared too, using the warcry fix as an example of why their once a day skill should be allowed to be used every single arena run. It was a fucking shit show. I wish he had just said fuck it and reverted warcries back.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    Wyrom has done a lot of things for me and others that I know don't get discussed because people will freak out. "What? An obvious bug/issue was fixed? WELL WHAT ABOUT MY GUILD? WHAT ABOUT SAVANTS? WHY IS SCATTER STILL SCATTERED? SHITTY POOP IN MY BUTTHOLE!" When I asked for warcry to get healed after an arena run because it was a stress not a cooldown (like, specifically that was the reasoning I felt it should be healed) Literally everything else was then demanded to be cleared too, using the warcry fix as an example of why their once a day skill should be allowed to be used every single arena run. It was a fucking shit show. I wish he had just said fuck it and reverted warcries back.
    Again, this is exactly my issue though. Those changes are all only to pay event related stuff.

Wyrom, as far as supporting pay events, is absolutely incredible and awesome. He is super client facing, responds to even trivial direct inquiries, spends the time to respond to player concerns, puts in a ton of effort, fixes bugs, posts on the forums, is crazy active on Discord, and generally improves the heck out of.....the paid events.

Imagine how much good could be done, if he directed more of those efforts to non-pay event development and fixes?

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Laughed a little too hard at that.

The reason for that is less it being a pay event, but it being his code and creation. I've seen the same attention to other scripts he has made (and often gives out for free).

Less reliance on others to (again, part-time) make the changes asap when this is not their full-time priority (depending on the particulars of their life at any given time). Everyone works differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    I don't see it happening again for awhile after some of the feedback (mostly from ELR). But yes, it was nice.
    The ELR feedback was entirely Simu’s fault for listening to none of our feedback for months between the time that the ELR proposed changes came out and when they went live. Numerous wizards explained why the shitty things were shitty, Simu gave zero fucks and rammed it all through anyway, and we’re still waiting for the “fixes” that are never going to happen because Simu gonna Simu.

Would be hilarious if they actually did blame wizard feedback over not doing another HSN. That shit was pretty much the wizard equivalent of GP2 sorcerers.

Meanwhile empaths are still the best killing machines in the game
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I'm not denying that there isn't some non-paid events development going on. But are we really counting updates to policy as development? :/

There’s a difference between dev and meaningful dev. The only non-DR things on that list I’d consider meaningful dev is 403/404 change that should haven happened decades ago, shops, and 317 update, which some aare calling an indirect nerf but I don’t know enough about cleric mechanics to weigh in on that. Minor bug fixes and messaging updates, not so much.

Totem heads...cool item I guess but I still don’t get the need for these. Were that many people drowning? But they probably took like a half hour to create so it’s whatever. Strangely enough they’re supposed to be rare and I’ve found 2 so far. Unlike those gay ass cores

Real meaningful dev to me would be things like post-cap goals, finishing the spell lists, fixing the useless spells every class has so they’ll be useful, etc.

Most of what I see lately on Discord from Estild is “I want ideas for really easy to do stuff.” and hasn’t exactly seemed interested in meaningful dev. Which is no different than him wanting “quick win” ideas after the ELR fiasco. Which an example of that he gave at the time was when they updated Sonic Shield to make the shield wearable for a short time. Meanwhile wizards are like how about stop making our spells trash and ignoring our spells that have been useless for decades and then crickets.

There was some brief discussion about a 940 multi-hitting bolt spell that Estild briefly teased on the forums a few years ago, but I don’t recall much interest being shown about it from dev during that conversation unless I missed something.

Probably because he’ll be too busy working on DR stuff so he can get his cut.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-20-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    There’s a difference between dev and meaningful dev. The only non-DR things on that list I’d consider meaningful dev is 403/404 change that should haven happened decades ago, shops, and 317 update, which some aare calling an indirect nerf but I don’t know enough about cleric mechanics to weigh in on that. Minor bug fixes and messaging updates, not so much.

Totem heads...cool item I guess but I still don’t get the need for these. Were that many people drowning? But they probably took like a half hour to create so it’s whatever. Strangely enough they’re supposed to be rare and I’ve found 2 so far. Unlike those gay ass cores

Real meaningful dev to me would be things like post-cap goals, finishing the spell lists, fixing the useless spells every class has so they’ll be useful, etc.

Most of what I see lately on Discord from Estild is “I want ideas for really easy to do stuff.” and hasn’t exactly seemed interested in meaningful dev. Which is no different than him wanting “quick win” ideas after the ELR fiasco. Which an example of that he gave at the time was when they updated Sonic Shield to make the shield wearable for a short time. Meanwhile wizards are like how about stop making our spells trash and ignoring our spells that have been useless for decades and then crickets.

There was some brief discussion about a 940 multi-hitting bolt spell that Estild briefly teased on the forums a few years ago, but I don’t recall much interest being shown about it from dev during that conversation unless I missed something.

Probably because he’ll be too busy working on DR stuff so he can get his cut.
    Yeah most of that stuff seems pretty meh overall. I think when people are asking for development they want new skills, new spells, new hunting areas, stuff like that.

Like the Adventurer's Guild was awesome when it was released. Same goes for the Warrior Guild, Rogue guild, Redux, the entire Monk class.

Things like that. Changing 403/404 seems kind of blah in comparison, even if it was a nice change.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-20-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Yeah most of that stuff seems pretty meh overall. I think when people are asking for development they want new skills, new spells, new hunting areas, stuff like that.

Like the Adventurer's Guild was awesome when it was released. Same goes for the Warrior Guild, Rogue guild, Redux, the entire Monk class.

Things like that. Changing 403/404 seems kind of blah in comparison, even if it was a nice change.
    403/404 to me is more of a “This never should have been in place, sorry about that.” fix.