Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemstone is becoming Pay2Win?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    That doesn't work with Simu. I remember when a ton of us quit over the Rogue Guild changes, even Tsoran, and they didn't do jack squat. They will gladly show you to the door, no matter how valuable you are/were to the game.

They seem to have this view, where dissenters are more poisonous to the game, than trying to make them happy. I can certainly understand not simply giving into "I'll quit if you don't do XXX," demands, but some instances should be pretty apparent writing on the wall.

But Simu has no loyalty even to dedicated players who have done a lot for the game.

And hell, most the players are no better. They will also gladly show you to the door, like idiots.

This is exactly it.

These same people should be the ones begging for dev the most, to have more things to use their pay to win items on, and their pointless 4x capped skills. In fact, they have the right to demand it, after all the money they have spent. But instead, they are happy sucking the Simu teet, and swallowing down that warm, DR certification milk.

It's funny, because people will show off their OP weapon/armor to me, like I will be impressed or something. But instead, it has the opposite effect, and I simply loose a little bit of respect for them.

What also really cracks me up, is all the conversations I've gotten in, with people who claim they hunt the most difficult critters because they want a greater challenge, and that my oh so pathetic self is lame because I purposefully choose the absolute easiest place I can possibly find to hunt. I always say the same thing to these people - If you want a challenge so much, why don't you go hunt in plain gear?
    Wyrom quit GS years ago over the GP2 sorcerer changes, which were just as bad if not worse than the ELR wizard nerfs. Simu had him on the "DO NOT HIRE EVER FOR ANY REASON" list, and now he's the boss.

TLDR: If you're tired of getting nerfed, become PM.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-19-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Wyrom quit GS years ago over the GP2 sorcerer changes, which were just as bad if not worse than the ELR wizard nerfs. Simu had him on the "DO NOT HIRE EVER FOR ANY REASON" list, and now he's the boss.

TLDR: If you're tired of getting nerfed, become PM.
    Honestly, that's another bloody huge issue with Simu dev. There is too much special interest, since the GMs are also players. Also, if you ask me, the ones in charge are too hands off, and not directing dev away from bloody clerics and empaths and to other classes instead.

It's always been incredibly stupid to me, that you can have a drastically underpowered class, and yet release a bunch of dev for a class that is not really having issues, instead of working on the class that clearly needs dev the most.

Honestly, that's another bloody huge issue with Simu dev. There is too much special interest, since the GMs are also players. Also, if you ask me, the ones in charge are too hands off, and not directing dev away from bloody clerics and empaths and to other classes instead.

It's always been incredibly stupid to me, that you can have a drastically underpowered class, and yet release a bunch of dev for a class that is not really having issues, instead of working on the class that clearly needs dev the most.
    The thing about Wyrom and sorcerers was tongue-in-cheek, since I doubt he actually plays his PC anymore, but the rest I agree with. Dev pretty much gets to do whatever the hell they feel like doing with no apparent accountability, and I'm starting to miss the days when Mestys was head of dev. Even though there wasn't much of shit being developed under Mestys, no dev is still better than the Warden-esque nerfing of everything that seems to be giving Coase his boners.

Most new dev seeming to be centered around P2W bullshit isn't helping either, but god damn Simu stop nerfing everything. You'd think they would have learned from the GP2 disaster, Wyrom in particular since he literally quit the game over it when he was just a player, but dev just gets to run wild and give zero fucks over steadily chipping away at the things that make combat fun anyway.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-19-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Blog Entries

Honestly, I feel such a huge disconnect with this current generation of players.

The fact that someone will pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars for some flare or extra enchant, or whatever other fancy item, yet has absolutely no need for it whatsoever. My current phrase I've been using a lot is "How dead does something need to be when you kill it?"

And these people will bloody defend Simu, and defend Wyrom like he's the second coming of Christ.

I got in a huge argument in Discord, lone me vs every other person in the chat, about how game development has declined since they started doing these regular pay events. All of them were convinced that game dev is better than it has ever been. Hell, I got made fun of and laughed at, like I had no idea what I was talking about.

Yet for me it's so bloody easy to see. I've taken a few hiatuses over the years due to RL, and this last hiatus I was gone for 3 years, and suddenly came back to this pay to win crap. When I first came back and asked what has changed in the last 3 years? I mostly got bloody crickets!

Sure, there has been SOME dev. But hell, didn't we used to get a list of goals for each year? We didn't even get that this year. Just a list of PAY EVENT goals!!

And like someone mentioned, a lot of this stuff is making it damn near impossible for them to fix a lot of in game systems. How can they fix archery issues, or throwing issues, etc., when people have invested thousands of dollars on items that should have never existed (But instead the systems should have been fixed.).

I love Gemstone, but I really worry about the way it is going. I feel like these elite spenders are driving away everyone else, and that's why I feel such a disconnect from the current player base, because I am becoming a minority. Instead of embracing people like me, we are being driven away.

In fact, it IS causing balance issues, that people might not even realize. A classic example, is I will go to the official forums (God knows why I still do. I'm a glutton for punishment I guess.) about a balance issue in game. Then some 4x capped person with $50,000 gear will come in and proceed to argue against me, and claim they don't have an issue with it. This has happened to me MANY times since I've been back.

With all these insane items now existing (and crazy post cap people too), it makes getting balance changes all the more difficult, because of the idiots that think they are some sort of baseline. "I have no issues with that." "I never die from that." Blah blah blah. It's always the same crap.

These same people think they know everything about GS, because of their leet gear/XP, and cause they read a few pages of the wiki, and will argue with you over crap they know almost nothing about.

Trying to get any dev changes done has always been like pulling teeth. Except now it's like pulling elephant teeth. I should probably just give up. Apparently we have more dev than ever before, so I don't know why I'm complaining...
    In all honesty, the game will never be what it was. The treasure system has become useless, story lines pointless, RP near non-existent, the majority of the GM's can't code (mostly due to no decent coder is going to work for peanuts). It's become an empty shell that's used to milk the remaining idiots to fund their mobile ventures. Seriously, have you ever ran into a game community so rife with the mentally ill? Half of them even brag about their intake of mental illness medication intake, this is no joke.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

The thing about Wyrom and sorcerers was tongue-in-cheek, since I doubt he actually plays his PC anymore, but the rest I agree with. Dev pretty much gets to do whatever the hell they feel like doing with no apparent accountability, and I'm starting to miss the days when Mestys was head of dev. Even though there wasn't much of shit being developed under Mestys, no dev is still better than the Warden-esque nerfing of everything that seems to be giving Coase his boners.

Most new dev seeming to be centered around P2W bullshit isn't helping either, but god damn Simu stop nerfing everything. You'd think they would have learned from the GP2 disaster, Wyrom in particular since he literally quit the game over it when he was just a player, but dev just gets to run wild and give zero fucks over steadily chipping away at the things that make combat fun anyway.
    I assume you are referring to the wizard nerfs? I don't play a wizard and nor was I hear to see the justification for the changes, but it does strike me as odd that Simu nerfed one of it's beloved pure classes. Especially the most played class. Sounds like a case of one GM with his opinion, and taking on his "project."

And then we have pointless dev, like the recent critters addition, that worthless collectibles addition, etc.. Who is approving this crap? Is there any oversight at all?

In all honesty, the game will never be what it was. The treasure system has become useless, story lines pointless, RP near non-existent, the majority of the GM's can't code (mostly due to no decent coder is going to work for peanuts). It's become an empty shell that's used to milk the remaining idiots to fund their mobile ventures. Seriously, have you ever ran into a game community so rife with the mentally ill? Half of them even brag about their intake of mental illness medication intake, this is no joke.
    Honestly, I have noticed this, myself. Heh, in fact I have even gotten in an argument in discord, about how they don't pay devs enough. I was surprised at all the Simu worshipers that defended their retarded slave labor system.

Even RP, these people make fun of it now. The "Arpee" moniker gets thrown around a lot these days.

But as far as that goes, I'll continue to give what I can to the game to progress RP.
    Last edited by Mobius1; 03-19-2019 at 11:29 AM.

I assume you are referring to the wizard nerfs? I don't play a wizard and nor was I hear to see the justification for the changes, but it does strike me as odd that Simu nerfed one of it's beloved pure classes. Especially the most played class. Sounds like a case of one GM with his opinion, and taking on his "project."

And then we have pointless dev, like the recent critters addition, that worthless collectibles addition, etc.. Who is approving this crap? Is there any oversight at all?
    The ELR is the biggest one for me personally, since the promised "fix" never happened after, which was completely expected. But other pointless non-wizard nerfs too. Not necessarily huge game changing nerfs, but dumb pointless and annoying nerfs regardless.

240 got recently nerfed, which was supposedly a bug fix, but I never buy into that bullshit when a mechanic has been in place for years and suddenly "oh we found a bug!"

They nerfed loresinging so that 1035 doesn't reduce RT anymore, with the reasoning being "It doesn't make sense." Because doing things like shooting lightning out of your hands and raising the dead totally makes sense.

Other dumb shit too, but off the top of my head those are a couple of the more recent retarded nerfs that didn't need to happen.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-19-2019 at 11:30 AM.

The ELR is the biggest one for me personally, since the promised "fix" never happened after, which was completely expected. But other pointless non-wizard nerfs too. Not necessarily huge game changing nerfs, but dumb pointless and annoying nerfs regardless.

240 got recently nerfed, which was supposedly a bug fix, but I never buy into that bullshit when a mechanic has been in place for years and suddenly "oh we found a bug!"

They nerfed loresinging so that 1035 doesn't reduce RT anymore, with the reasoning being "It doesn't make sense." Because doing things like shooting lightning out of your hands and raising the dead totally makes sense.

Other dumb shit too, but off the top of my head those are a couple of the more recent retarded nerfs that didn't need to happen.
    And I'm willing to bet it's all the work of one GM, since the higher ups just let them do whatever instead of making them work on crap that actually matters, like a manager SHOULD do. They claim it's because they want to give their GMs leeway and not micro-manage them. But there's a difference between giving leeway, and being completely hands off.

I mean, I guess I can't speak for what really goes on behind the scenes with GM management, but it seems like all the top GMs are too busy concerning themselves with getting a nice pay event commission.

Blog Entries

Honestly, I feel such a huge disconnect with this current generation of players.
    I don't think it's a generational thing. The people playing now are by and large the same ones who were playing years ago, just much older and with steadier paychecks.

Honestly, that's another bloody huge issue with Simu dev. There is too much special interest, since the GMs are also players.
    Bingo.

Honestly, I have noticed this, myself. Heh, in fact I have even gotten in an argument in discord, about how they don't pay devs enough. I was surprised at all the Simu worshipers that defended their retarded slave labor system.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

9. Default

The biggest issue is that the PM doesn't actually manage anything. Every GM just works on what they feel like. Lol

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    In all honesty, the game will never be what it was. The treasure system has become useless.
    This doesn't get talked about a lot but it is bang on. Remember how exciting BOX FOUNDS used to be? Loot is almost unilaterally pawnshop garbage now. They do not put anything legit good in the hopper. They nerfed Warcamp loot badly, and in doing so, took out a lot of the worthwhile enhancives from the treasure system more broadly. Nevermind the fact that with more and more people capping and filling the limited capped hunting grounds all the time, they cling desperately to their 'hunting pressure' system which assumes you actually have a lot of options for where to hunt. Instead, capped area loot is among the worst in the game.

The treasure system is absolutely worthless. Which is likely intended, since they also want silvers to be (and remain) worthless.