Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemstone is becoming Pay2Win?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Roiken View Post
    I'm retarded enough to not have to worry or cry about a game mechanic that has been in place for years.. you're correct. Don't worry next time someone mentions the lack of community or willing to help someone out when the mechanics work as they do I'll just remember that I'm the retarded one that can hold on to my gear because I don't take the risks of such for a paltry return of an extra diamond or such.
    I understand that it's been a system in place for years, but it's also a system that people have hated for years and have been begging for changes to. At best, it takes up large amounts of very limited GM time tracking down lost weapons for people. And it's a system that's only been exacerbated in recent years since allowing and encouraging tens of thousands of dollars to be spent on in game items. Let me re-iterate, because that is the most important modern issue with this system: Tens. of thousands. Of dollars. Sometimes on items that haven't even been buffed via simucoin events yet. Hoy spent $6500 on a glove bow two years ago, and that wasn't even the most expensive item purchased. I'm sure its now been to the smithy for a few more thousand and probably had scripts or flares or whatever can be added to it.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 02-18-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm retarded enough to not have to worry or cry about a game mechanic that has been in place for years.. you're correct. Don't worry next time someone mentions the lack of community or willing to help someone out when the mechanics work as they do I'll just remember that I'm the retarded one that can hold on to my gear because I don't take the risks of such for a paltry return of an extra diamond or such.
    Play him off, Keyboard Cat.

You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

I don't take the risks of such for a paltry return of an extra diamond or such.
    Which is a failure in game design and execution. You as a player should be taking risks and getting more back. It's why risk is a thing to begin with.

I'm just sorry you all are wasting money on items that you are too pussy footed to actually use..and you spend the money knowing how it works currently why? So you can cry more about making a change to protect your text "investment"? Yeah.. I'm the retarded one in the room

Blog Entries

You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

I'm retarded... I'll just remember that I'm the retarded one.
    I'm just sorry... Yeah.. I'm the retarded one in the room.
    Abridged version of your last two posts, for those who aren't interested in wasting time on the rest of your retarded rambling.

cute.. Go cry more, loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    So the game isn't becoming p2w, the game is about milking players the most and the results is some idiots bragging on ;lnet about their i-win weapon that, in the end, isn't used as post cap you get disarmed in 50% of hunting zones.
    The game is P2W in the sense that end game gear progression is cash driven now with little to no in-game only means to progress.

The dumbest thing about GS is that its end game "progression" is novelty based, as you can still hunt post-cap without anything that comes from DR or any other P2W event without much trouble unless you're just a huge tard. Actual character progression becomes meaningless not all that far into post-cap, as once you hit a certain point and have your relevant skills maxed out, exp becomes useless and you're just training in skills that have little to no benefit to your character.

Imagine if you had to buy Blizzardcoins to raid in WoW. That's basically what GS is now. Except instead of raiding, you're running some shitty solo instance over and over that isn't actually challenging. And even then you don't actually need the raid gear to tackle any of the game's content, it just makes doing so easier despite the content already being easy to begin with.

GS is more pay-to-make-easy-shit-you're-already-doing-even-easier than it is pay-to-win, but the underlying bullshit is pretty much the same.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-18-2019 at 01:14 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

or make the easy shit look cool.... that counts for something

>cman divest kobold

You swing your longsword at a Kobold's mace, hoping to connect!
    As your mithril longsword connects, a shower of sparks erupts from it!
    The Kobold is dazed! (-DS and RT)
    The magic from your longsword clings to the Kobold's shaking weapon arm. (-DS, -AS, stance reduction, +RT is the end product. Depending on failure vs success )
    Fix'd. FOR FREE EVEN.
    Last edited by Astray; 02-18-2019 at 01:16 PM.