Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemstone is becoming Pay2Win?

fix rangers & shield maneuvers for semis please...

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I don't think it's a generational thing. The people playing now are by and large the same ones who were playing years ago, just much older and with steadier paychecks.
    Well, I guess what I meant, was that I feel a disconnect from the current playerbase.

Honestly, a lot of the people sucking the Simu teet, weren't like that before, but gave in to the addicting sweet milk. And some of them are good friends of mine.

And me being the vocal forum warrior type that I am, often end up in clashes with these people. And I've noticed that I am always a lone voice against the masses anymore. Here on PC is the only exception. And these same people (who frequent PC all the time for their buying/selling) act like this place is a cesspool. Probably because they can't get away with their BS here.

And it doesn't help that I play a pickpocket character, which is at an all time low as far as playerbase acceptance goes.

~Midgar

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post

And it doesn't help that I play a pickpocket character, which is at an all time low as far as playerbase acceptance goes.

~Midgar
    Not sure what you mean by this - nobody's ever liked being stolen from. Are you upset that when you get caught you're getting killed or something? Because QQ, if so, them's the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Not sure what you mean by this - nobody's ever liked being stolen from. Are you upset that when you get caught you're getting killed or something? Because QQ, if so, them's the risk.
    My character will wreck anyone in the damn game that tries to PvP him. It's a matter of reputation and how people view your character, and you as a player.

You have no idea how many times people have told me they wish that they'd make pickpocketing PvE only. It's becoming a rather prevailing viewpoint, that I obviously clearly disagree with.
    Last edited by Mobius1; 03-19-2019 at 11:57 AM.

This is correct.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

This doesn't get talked about a lot but it is bang on. Remember how exciting BOX FOUNDS used to be? Loot is almost unilaterally pawnshop garbage now. They do not put anything legit good in the hopper. They nerfed Warcamp loot badly, and in doing so, took out a lot of the worthwhile enhancives from the treasure system more broadly. Nevermind the fact that with more and more people capping and filling the limited capped hunting grounds all the time, they cling desperately to their 'hunting pressure' system which assumes you actually have a lot of options for where to hunt. Instead, capped area loot is among the worst in the game.

The treasure system is absolutely worthless. Which is likely intended, since they also want silvers to be (and remain) worthless.
    FWIW, other than the fact that there's nothing to use it on, the Rift still has pretty decent loot. OTF and Nelemar are consistently trash, since those are the ez mode capped areas.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-19-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

This doesn't get talked about a lot but it is bang on. Remember how exciting BOX FOUNDS used to be? Loot is almost unilaterally pawnshop garbage now. They do not put anything legit good in the hopper. They nerfed Warcamp loot badly, and in doing so, took out a lot of the worthwhile enhancives from the treasure system more broadly. Nevermind the fact that with more and more people capping and filling the limited capped hunting grounds all the time, they cling desperately to their 'hunting pressure' system which assumes you actually have a lot of options for where to hunt. Instead, capped area loot is among the worst in the game.

The treasure system is absolutely worthless. Which is likely intended, since they also want silvers to be (and remain) worthless.
    Didn't you know you are supposed to fight the new boss critters if you want the phat lewts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhh_GeBPOhs

They be developing like crazy!!

~Midgar
    Last edited by Mobius1; 03-19-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Well, I guess what I meant, was that I feel a disconnect from the current playerbase.

Honestly, a lot of the people sucking the Simu teet, weren't like that before, but gave in to the addicting sweet milk. And some of them are good friends of mine.

And me being the vocal forum warrior type that I am, often end up in clashes with these people. And I've noticed that I am always a lone voice against the masses anymore. Here on PC is the only exception. And these same people (who frequent PC all the time for their buying/selling) act like this place is a cesspool. Probably because they can't get away with their BS here.

~Midgar
    Seriously dude, I always appreciated what people like you did for the game. I really suggest just letting it go and moving on, it's over. The people you're talking about will just make it worse for you the more you try.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

The biggest issue is that the PM doesn't actually manage anything. Every GM just works on what they feel like. Lol
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Now this is art.