Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Republican Primary

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I know next to nothing about firearms but some things that jumped out at me.

A rifle doesn't hold 5 rounds by itself like a revolver would so it would need a clip in the first place.
    Shells typically refer to shotgun ammunition.
    A rifle civilians could buy (I know he called it a military rifle but I'm assuming he's talking about weapons civilians can buy too) wouldn't be so easy to turn into an automatic weapon.
    Even a fully automatic weapon is not a "weapon of mass destruction."
    Handguns actually are used for murders more than AR15s are but I think the point he's trying to make is a handgun is easier to turn into a "weapon of mass destruction."

What did I get wrong? What did I miss?
    Clips are used for M1 garands and other older battle rifles. Modern rifles use magazines. Not clips.
    Shells can be anything. Most people call the rounds.
    Civilians can buy fully automatic weapons. It isn't difficult if you have the money and a clean record. You can mess with some weapons to make them fully automatic, or fire just as fast.
    My old Gunny in my first unit in the Marines called the M16 a weapon of mass destruction. He was, obviously, not using that in an official way.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post

"The five-shot rifle, that’s a standard military rifle; the problem is if you attach a clip to it so it can fire more shells and if you remove the pin so that it becomes an automatic weapon, and those are independent criminal offenses,” Weld said. “That is when they become, essentially, a weapon of mass destruction. The problem with handguns probably is even worse than the problem of the AR15."
    I remember this, pure gold

remove the pin

4. Default

I wonder if he was talking about the M1903 Springfield.

Civilians can buy fully automatic weapons. It isn't difficult if you have the money and a clean record. You can mess with some weapons to make them fully automatic, or fire just as fast.
    Weren't these guns grandfathered in though at the time the bill was signed? Like if someone already owned a fully automatic weapon they could keep it but no one else could buy a brand new fully automatic weapon after that and so there are only so many automatic weapons left that can be legally bought?

Blog Entries

Weren't these guns grandfathered in though at the time the bill was signed? Like if someone already owned a fully automatic weapon they could keep it but no one else could buy a brand new fully automatic weapon after that and so there are only so many automatic weapons left that can be legally bought?
    No. You can buy a brand new one right now.

No. You can buy a brand new one right now.
    That's not at all what I have read about this. My understanding is only guns made and registered before the bill was signed (which was in 1986) can be legally bought. This is why there are so few fully automatic weapons to buy which makes them really expensive.

Grandfathered? OMG STAY TRIGGERED GRAMPS OMG OMG OMG OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Grandfathered? OMG STAY TRIGGERED GRAMPS OMG OMG OMG OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
    Why's it gotta be grandfathered? Can't it be grandpersoned? - Justin Treadu, probably.

Speaking of which I wonder why all world leaders except Trump seem to be out of the spotlight lately? Isn't it crazy?

Like Trump's first year in office all the media could do was suck every world leader's dick because they were "pushing back" against Trump or some shit, but now I haven't really heard much about them in a while.

I wonder if it's because France is STILL rioting against Macron and he wishes his poll numbers were as high as Trump's.

Treadue is involved in a huge scandal and he's the laughing stock of Canada.

Merkel almost lost her job a year ago and barely holds onto power now.

Weird how that works. Almost like the media is indeed fake news and is just interested in pushing an agenda and their favorite globalist leaders not doing well isn't what they want to report on at the moment.

Blog Entries

That's not at all what I have read about this. My understanding is only guns made and registered before the bill was signed (which was in 1986) can be legally bought. This is why there are so few fully automatic weapons to buy which makes them really expensive.
    Your understanding would be incorrect. There are stores in Texas that guide you through the permit process if you buy one from them.

This lists the process.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ide-full-auto/

Note the NFA banned new "machine guns" which an M16 is not.
    Last edited by Gelston; 02-15-2019 at 02:41 PM.