Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Activision Blizzard starts massive layoffs after strongest year.

That's what happens when you pay $5m a month per WoW server.

EDIT: Dammit Gelston. Reported.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-13-2019 at 03:45 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    That's what happens when you pay $5m a month per WoW server.

EDIT: Dammit Gelston. Reported.
    Is that what they teach you at teacher school for mentally challenged goatse enthusiasts?! Reuse other people's witty comments that already got wittily commented?!

Weak. Somebody should subpoena your IP and tell your Principal.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 02-13-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Is that what they teach you at teacher school for mentally challenged goatse enthusiasts?! Reuse other people's witty comments that already got wittily commented?!

Weak. Somebody should subpoena your IP and tell your Principal.
    You keep trying too hard. Scale it back some.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    You keep trying too hard. Scale it back some.
    I ate lunch today so I have far more energy right now with which to flip shit at people for no raisin. It's usually naptime on my feet about now.

I ate lunch today so I have far more energy right now with which to flip shit at people for no raisin. It's usually naptime on my feet about now.

Blog Entries

Revenue is not profit. Also, they have no new games really scheduled to come out, so they laid off people who don't work in development and hired more developers. Shocking!

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    From my experience (and I do work in the gaming software development industry) when a major project completes, gaming companies tend to lay off the majority of the staff because they don't have work for them. You can have an awesome year, but if the next project the company is starting is already staffed, requires less staff, or requires a different set of skills - you fire your current staff.

The same thing happened when Bioware released Star Wars: KOTOR - my current co-worker was staffed for that project, it finished, went into support mode, the entire staff other than the support staff was let go. Not because the game did terrible (it did pretty well out the gate), but because the company had nowhere to assign the staff.

It's a pretty common cycle in gaming...
    From what I've read, they're keeping their dev teams and may actually be investing more in the dev areas. Some of the 'big' names I've seen released were CM/PR positions so far. I figured there would probably be a lot of artists, audio people, etc getting the boot.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Weak. Somebody should back trace your IP and burn your house down.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Some Rogue View Post
    Revenue is not profit. Also, they have no new games really scheduled to come out, so they laid off people who don't work in development and hired more developers. Shocking!
    They don't have a single new game coming out this year.