Thread: UAC boots question

1. Default UAC boots question

Will wearing 4x UAC boots and gloves increase my DS even if I don't brawl at all.

Yes, but the bonus doesn't stack between the two. Pretty sure you need some amount of brawling skill to "activate" the bonus.

what? no. Boots have no affect on your defense. You are The Zohan, you can't parry with your feet.

Glove enchant is calculated in the parry DS formula.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Hang on, I thought parry DS was only in effect if you can parry - which unarmed you cannot do without 1214. Wouldn't you need to hold a brawling weapon to get the parry DS without 1214?

The parry DS (that is DS from your weapon / weapon skill) from openhanded brawling is always the same formula. Brace gives you the ability to outright PARRY attacks, and more importantly RANGED attacks which you may have crap DS against comparatively, that you can't normally do barehanded.

Code:
    Xxx swings a closed fist at you!                                                                                                                                                         |
      AS: +60 vs DS: +478 with AvD: +5 + d100 roll: +5 = -408                                                                                                                                      |
       A clean miss.

>stop brace
    With a moment's concentration, you terminate the Brace spell.                                                                                                                                  |
    The thick plates of bone around your forearms begin to crack, then shatter into a fine white dust.

Xxx swings a closed fist at you!                                                                                                                                                         |
      AS: +60 vs DS: +478 with AvD: +5 + d100 roll: +29 = -384                                                                                                                                     |
       A clean miss.

<remove gloves here>

AS: +60 vs DS: +473 with AvD: +5 + d100 roll: +36 = -372                                                                                                                                     |
       A clean miss.
    as per https://gswiki.play.net/Parry
    formula is:
    Base Value = Weapon Ranks + trunc(STR bonus ÷ 4) + trunc(DEX bonus ÷ 4) + (Weapon enchant bonus ÷ 2)
    Parry DS = (Base Value * Stance modifier) + Stance Bonus

I was in offensive so stance mod = .2

Gloves are 6x

30/2 * .2 = 3 so not sure why i lost 5 (interesting) but either way it was no difference with brace on/off, but lost 5 with gloves off.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!