Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Should Reject the Border Deal

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    This is why you're the biggest retard here, and are representative of the average ignorant, party biased, low to no information voter who receives their marching orders from CNN. Your ilk are the single biggest threat to this country and as you put it, you don't care. Idiot.
    So this is your response to "Our president literally believes Putin over his own intelligence service". Projecting much?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Technically, true, but only after lying to everyone about WMDs.
    Wars have a long and storied history of being started by lies. The truth is, we were looking for a fight after 9/11 and the political establishment capitalized on the bloodlust we all felt. We would've gone to war with anyone who gave us an inkling of a reason. Make no mistake: cassus belli has always been a joke. Alexander the Great blamed Persia for assassinating Phillip of Macedon, which probably happened by his or his mother's own orders. Polk wanted the good parts of Mexico and so escalated a minor border dispute into full scale gimme gimme gimme. There are a couple thousands of years bookends for you. If you'd like, I can fill in the blanks with hundreds of other examples.

Even in fiction wars are started for no reason. The Trojan war was ostensibly started over Helen, but realistically started because Menalaus wanted some of that sweet sweet aegean unobtainium. Who knows why the real Trojan war was started, but the fictional one was based on a lie. The real one probably was too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Wars have a long and storied history of being started by lies. The truth is, we were looking for a fight after 9/11 and the political establishment capitalized on the bloodlust we all felt. We would've gone to war with anyone who gave us an inkling of a reason. Make no mistake: cassus belli has always been a joke. Alexander the Great blamed Persia for assassinating Phillip of Macedon, which probably happened by his or his mother's own orders. Polk wanted the good parts of Mexico and so escalated a minor border dispute into full scale gimme gimme gimme. There are a couple thousands of years bookends for you. If you'd like, I can fill in the blanks with hundreds of other examples.

Even in fiction wars are started for no reason. The Trojan war was ostensibly started over Helen, but realistically started because Menalaus wanted some of that sweet sweet aegean unobtainium. Who knows why the real Trojan war was started, but the fictional one was based on a lie. The real one probably was too.
    this is all irrelevant as Bush didn't lie so...retarded post.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_a...ss_destruction

In the early 2000s, the administrations of George W. Bush and Tony Blair asserted that Saddam Hussein's weapons programs were still actively building weapons, and that large stockpiles of WMDs were hidden in Iraq. Inspections by the UN to resolve the status of unresolved disarmament questions restarted between November 2002 and March 2003,[3] under United Nations Security Council Resolution 1441, which demanded Saddam give "immediate, unconditional and active cooperation" with UN and IAEA inspections, shortly before his country was attacked.[4] The United States asserted that Saddam's frequent lack of cooperation was a breach of Resolution 1441, but failed to convince the UN Security Council to pass a new resolution authorizing the use of force due to lack of evidence.[5][6][7] Despite this, Bush asserted peaceful measures could not disarm Iraq of the weapons he alleged it to have and launched a second Gulf War instead. Later U.S.-led inspections found that Iraq had earlier ceased active WMD production and stockpiling.[1]

You actually can't just take facts, ignore them, and substitute your own fucking reality you goddamn simpleton.

5. Default

I don't think anybody can use the excuse that we had any legitimate reason to go to war with Iraq again. Especially in hindsight. We didn't have good reasons at the time, and we didn't have them looking back.

6. Default

wrathbringer has gone full rocktard

Blog Entries

Wars have a long and storied history of being started by lies. The truth is, we were looking for a fight after 9/11 and the political establishment capitalized on the bloodlust we all felt. We would've gone to war with anyone who gave us an inkling of a reason.
    Using your own words, I now present the reason we don't use the popular vote.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Using your own words, I now present the reason we don't use the popular vote.
    The fuck are you talking about?

The fuck are you talking about?
    Dude's triggered so hard he actually became retarded. Every day, he sticks his neck out for Trump for free, and every day, Trump's actions and inactions shit down his fucking throat.

This is why you're the biggest retard here, and are representative of the average ignorant, party biased, low to no information voter who receives their marching orders from CNN. Your ilk are the single biggest threat to this country and as you put it, you don't care. Idiot.
    At least I pay my taxes.

Forgive me if I don't give a fuck about a leech on society's opinions about my character. Or anything for that matter.