Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Should Reject the Border Deal

So? Dems should be excited for him to set this precedent. This is the only way their programs have a shot of making it anywhere after the next election.

Oh wait. You think walls are morally bad.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    So? Dems should be excited for him to set this precedent. This is the only way their programs have a shot of making it anywhere after the next election.

Oh wait. You think walls are morally bad.
    It's a bad precedent to set and I have no doubt the courts will rule against it seeing as there is no crisis.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    It's a bad precedent to set and I have no doubt the courts will rule against it seeing as there is no crisis.
    In other words, the supreme Court will rule in favor of Trump

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    In other words, the supreme Court will rule in favor of Trump
    If you hadn't notice Judge Roberts has been siding with the liberal judges recently. Blocking Louisiana's abortion law for example.

Congress’s power to control spending is enshrined in the Constitution. There are a few legal precedents for the president to issue spending orders during a national emergency, but they’re for national defense and essential military activities. That’s what Trump will try to use. However, it’s unlikely that the conservative Supreme Court he helped ensure will buy that this wall is either one of those and allow that sort of run-around. So, basically Trump is screwed. Not only is he going to sign a bill that doesn’t give him the wall he said he’d never compromise on, but he’s going to lose a Supreme Court battle about a fake national emergency.

All that said, I’m glad he finally compromised and I think this bill is reasonable. He’s just not going to be happy about that and it’ll fuck him.

6. Default

It's all a ploy to distract people from looking at his medical report that was released showing that he's obese.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Congress’s power to control spending is enshrined in the Constitution. There are a few legal precedents for the president to issue spending orders during a national emergency, but they’re for national defense and essential military activities. That’s what Trump will try to use. However, it’s unlikely that the conservative Supreme Court he helped ensure will buy that this wall is either one of those and allow that sort of run-around. So, basically Trump is screwed. Not only is he going to sign a bill that doesn’t give him the wall he said he’d never compromise on, but he’s going to lose a Supreme Court battle about a fake national emergency.

All that said, I’m glad he finally compromised and I think this bill is reasonable. He’s just not going to be happy about that and it’ll fuck him.
    Walls are already being built. I'm sure that triggers you to no end.

Nah, 55 miles of wall seems fine. I can think of places it’s useful. Walling the whole border is what’s moronic.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

9. Default

An excellent analysis of the situation as written by Robert Taylor, former Principal Deputy General Counselor for the DoD:

https://www.justsecurity.org/62168/b...ergency-funds/

and Nicholas Rasmussen, former Director of the National Counterterrorism Center:

https://www.justsecurity.org/62156/t...-myth-reality/

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Nah, 55 miles of wall seems fine. I can think of places it’s useful. Walling the whole border is what’s moronic.
    They've already built portions of the wall, remember? Trump has been telling people for weeks they're building it. It's practically done.