I want to think this is a real, non-troll, response from Estild on discord:

Ragz ��Today at 9:13 AM
    1206 hits magic immune stuff
    Because it’s throwing actual physical objects
    Ragz ��Today at 9:13 AM
    No that’s a lie probably
    But it should

EstildToday at 9:18 AM
    Actually, 1206 should do that, but I haven't updated it to allow it yet. It will happen though.

This would make it possible to FINALLY use your magic skill (spell aiming) to hit magic immune creatures. Them 1207/1206 wands will be useful. SK 1206 will be useful for more than just flavor (because DF is good, but not better than many other bolting options). 1206 scrolls become handy to have infused and carry with you...

I think it makes sense, but I do think it opens up a pandora's box. For example, should 710, when it hurls stones "Large hailstones whip through the area!" cause damage to magic immune? Should 510, hurling a physical boulder "You hurl a large boulder at...." be considered a physical attack? What about dumping a bunch of daggers on the ground and casting open 720? Shouldn't that be the same as 1206 hurling a dagger at a target?

This is a great change for versatility and improving the spell, but I'd love to see the other physical elements of many spells be considered as well. Especially now that they have magic immune "rare" critters that show up in hunting grounds. Giving pures some way to deal with them would be nice.
    Last edited by Maerit; 02-11-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Or just do the sane thing and remove immunity and use our excellent resistance system.
    Discord: Ondreian#3875

I have turned PMs off on these forums, if you want to chat, use Discord to contact me.

knifty

1206 makes sense.

Any other spell you listed I would still consider magical and not think it should hit magic immune things. That boulder you hurl with 510 wasn't there until you cast the spell, it's a magical boulder. There wasn't a maelstrom going and you just happened to aim it at the creature, it's a magical storm. Etc. 1206 is described as hurling a physical item that already exists in the room at the thing, so I get it.

I also don't think we should have any blanket immunity (be it magic or physical) and agree with the above that we should instead see resistances where needed.

+100% magic resistance

I dunno; maybe, like, do what they did with puncture immune undead stuff and just have the damage ...er, do damage... but truncate it by some magic number?

Edit: Just what were puncture-immune critters in general way back when, undead or not.
    Last edited by Stanley Burrell; 02-11-2019 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Blog Entries

The difference between 1206 and other spells that seemingly do physical attacks, such as 510 or maelstrom, is that 1206 is literally picking up an object in the room. The other spells are creating them with magic. There weren't hailstones or any of that in the room prior to the spell.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    1206 makes sense.

Any other spell you listed I would still consider magical and not think it should hit magic immune things. That boulder you hurl with 510 wasn't there until you cast the spell, it's a magical boulder. There wasn't a maelstrom going and you just happened to aim it at the creature, it's a magical storm. Etc. 1206 is described as hurling a physical item that already exists in the room at the thing, so I get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The difference between 1206 and other spells that seemingly do physical attacks, such as 510 or maelstrom, is that 1206 is literally picking up an object in the room. The other spells are creating them with magic. There weren't hailstones or any of that in the room prior to the spell.
    ^^
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

>incant 510
    You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Hurl Boulder...
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture at a banded cave worm.
    You hurl a large boulder at a banded cave worm!
    AS: +620 vs DS: +389 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +94 = +359
    ... and hit for 168 points of damage!
    ** Numerous sigils along your witchwood scepter abruptly flare to brilliance! Pale energy surges from each, twining into an echo of your last spell... **
    AS: +625 vs DS: +362 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +19 = +316
    ... and hit for 156 points of damage!
    The worm rolls over and dies.
    Fiery elemental energy energizes you.
    ** Necrotic energy from your witchwood scepter overflows into you! **
    You feel energized!
    Cast Roundtime 1 Second.

a big ass boulder seems sorta physical too
    adred0111 (discord)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adred View Post
    >incant 510
    You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Hurl Boulder...
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture at a banded cave worm.
    AS: +620 vs DS: +389 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +94 = +359
    ... and hit for 168 points of damage!
    ** Numerous sigils along your witchwood scepter abruptly flare to brilliance! Pale energy surges from each, twining into an echo of your last spell... **
    AS: +625 vs DS: +362 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +19 = +316
    ... and hit for 156 points of damage!
    The worm rolls over and dies.
    Fiery elemental energy energizes you.
    ** Necrotic energy from your witchwood scepter overflows into you! **
    You feel energized!
    Cast Roundtime 1 Second.

a big ass boulder seems sorta physical too
    Like was said earlier, the boulder was created by magic. It wasn't some random item laying around in the room like 1206 throws.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

well then they should make it say a magic fucking boulder then... fuck
    adred0111 (discord)