Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Karma

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I don't see anything about a ranking system, sounded more like it was going to be like Team Fortress 2, you just join a random match and start playing.

They did say your dragon and rider would level up though.
    If you're leveling up you're probably also earning skill points or something, so that would be a progression system. Just because it wasn't in the alpha doesn't mean it wasn't there, though. It might just not have been turned on.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    If you're leveling up you're probably also earning skill points or something, so that would be a progression system. Just because it wasn't in the alpha doesn't mean it wasn't there, though. It might just not have been turned on.
    Yeah the idea might have been if you're level 100 or whatever you would get teamed up against other people around that level, but I don't think it had a player skill ranking system like Overwatch or LoL.

3. Default

Whatever the case, the end result is more money dumped into a hole. They just haven't made successful decisions since the early 1990s.

I mean, yeah I guess it's possible that behind the scenes they've been making successful business decisions, but based on the many failures we can point at as examples and our own experiences in dealing with them, I really doubt it's the case. They've continuously neglected their primary, potentially only source of income in favor of failed project after failed project. For 30 years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Whatever the case, the end result is more money dumped into a hole. They just haven't made successful decisions since the early 1990s.

I mean, yeah I guess it's possible that behind the scenes they've been making successful business decisions, but based on the many failures we can point at as examples and our own experiences in dealing with them, I really doubt it's the case. They've continuously neglected their primary, potentially only source of income in favor of failed project after failed project. For 30 years.
    They haven't had too many failures, at least that I know of. DoE was certainly one. Hero Engine could have been, but they were able to leverage it for a fair amount of money in the end and started their mobile division which more than likely does okay. GS/DR of course are fueled by people with a unique combination of nostalgia and disposable income.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

DoE is the only failure I know of, and they have a lot of shit they've done that you just don't hear about unless you're really, really looking. Heroes Journey failed, but then again, you could wrap that up into them testing out HeroEngine. HeroEngine was a big enough success for them to not worry about jack.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    HeroEngine was a big enough success for them to not worry about jack.
    Was it though? I've never seen any information saying that it was a financial success. I'm sure it sold when it sold in the millions, but when you consider a development team over a decade, that doesn't necessarily translate into millions in profit (or really, any profit). It was purchased by Idea Fabrik in the middle of a steep economic downturn and they hired the team that made it from Simutronics. Losing a chunk of your staff and selling off the thing you've been working on for your own purposes for a decade doesn't really scream success to me. Was there some released info that I just missed about it?
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 02-12-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Was it though? I've never seen any information saying that it was a financial success. I'm sure it sold when it sold in the millions, but when you consider a development team over a decade, that doesn't necessarily translate into millions in profit (or really, any profit). It was purchased by Idea Fabrik in the middle of a steep economic downturn and they hired the team that made it from Simutronics. Losing a chunk of your staff and selling off the thing you've been working on for your own purposes for a decade doesn't really scream success to me. Was there some released info that I just missed about it?
    Dude, the company wasn't hurting. 8 dont know what to tell you. Whatley probably got tired of running it so he found a buyer and wild the majority stake.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam