Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightening Notes vs. Merchant Lightening

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lightening Notes vs. Merchant Lightening

Hey, I was wondering about the notes that take one pound off of an item (got some armor accessories I want to use a bunch on.)

I'm wondering if this will somehow interfere with Merchant lightening, because I believe (that said Merchant lightening) takes a percentage off of the weight of a given item – and not a clear cut number like the one pound notes. So if I use lightening notes, will I then (after I can't use anymore) have to have a merchant do the final touching up of lightening?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

I started some objects with notes then had a merchant finish it up, that is not an issue.

You are correct in the percentage, as I understand it. Every item has a max light base weight, irregardless of material and getting to that max light base weight will effect how much weight comes off each time ie. glaes plate will lose more per merchant lightening than say imflass plate, but both should be the same at max light. That is at least how it was explained to me. And, both should take the same number of times to be lightened by a merchant to get to that point so there will be a larger reduction each time for heavier objects, with that diminishing as you get closer to max light. I saw this with a glaes naginata, it started at 13 pounds and is now at I think 4 or 5.

I hope that made sense and is in fact how it actually works, if not I apologize in advance, but that is how a merchant explained it to me, sort of.

The main reason people like notes is you can lighten things you can't hand to merchants ICE ages, mechanically odd etc items can not be handed too merchants, these notes and deepening notes made a LOT of old items viable again.
    Last edited by Ardwen; 02-09-2019 at 03:36 PM.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Ah, got it, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

I thought if you used notes to lighten as much as possible, you can't lighten more with the merchant... or can you?

You can't. Once an item analyzes as "as light as it can get." (regardless of how it gets there notes/merchant), it is done.

There is no epic lightening like there is for deepening.

Didn't they have epic lightening at some point that went even lower? I distinctly remember seeing a 1/300 backpack, which is how I assume it got to the 1 lb mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupak View Post
    Didn't they have epic lightening at some point that went even lower?

One person or two. Auction.

Hoy would know, think he won.
    Last edited by Roblar; 02-09-2019 at 06:27 PM.

No, there are things like knapsacks that are/were one pound. Just deepen them to max then get a merchant that goes beyond max standard.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

I've actually checked every store in the game recently for fun and the lowest backworn (with notes) goes down to 2 lb. What are those 1 lb knapsacks?