Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: That clusterfuck known as Virginia

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That sounds like bullshit. Were they saying this in regards to Fairfax? Did they happen to be Democrats themselves?
    It was in regards to the Governor and no, they weren't democrats. It was on Fox News. I think he is citing the part where is says "malfeasance in office", emphasis on the in office part, it further goes on to state "malfeasance in office, ... , or other high crime or misdemeanor" so I think they can be... Unless all following are examples of what they mean by malfeasance in office. I'd like to think they are considered separate, but it really just seems to be redundant.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Yeah malfeasance would cover pretty much everything, even things that are not crimes. Seems strange to state malfeasance while in office and to think high crime or misdemeanor is also covered by the "in office" part.

Pretty sure this is to cover a situation exactly like this one; someone who was elected into office when no one knew of the crime they committed before winning, then that crime coming to light afterwards so the state has the power to remove the person if they feel it's warranted. It would be pretty shitty if this guy had already been found guilty in a criminal court prior to being elected but he won anyways and then they remove him from office based on that conviction.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Yeah malfeasance would cover pretty much everything, even things that are not crimes. Seems strange to state malfeasance while in office and to think high crime or misdemeanor is also covered by the "in office" part.

Pretty sure this is to cover a situation exactly like this one; someone who was elected into office when no one knew of the crime they committed before winning, then that crime coming to light afterwards so the state has the power to remove the person if they feel it's warranted. It would be pretty shitty if this guy had already been found guilty in a criminal court prior to being elected but he won anyways and then they remove him from office based on that conviction.
    An Impeachment proceeding is basically a "court" in certain ways. They'd be weighing the evidence and testimonies in the Impeachment at the House of Delegates, and then again in the State Senate. Instead of a jury of 12, he has a jury of whatever the size of the State Senate is.

So the Democrat that was going to begin impeachment proceedings against Fairfax backed down after fellow Democrats apparently told him he was racist or something. So it looks like all three wonderful people, the two racists and the rapists, are going to suffer fewer consequences than Megyn Kelly who got fired from her job for just merely saying that wearing black makeup for Halloween costumes was common back in the day.

But it's white male Republicans who have the privilege in this country!

Northam's wife is accused by two black kids of handing them cotton and saying "Can you imagine being an enslaved person and having to pick this all day?"

When do Democrats finally say enough is enough and run the racists out of their own party? Or would that drive so many Democrats out that the party would cease to exist?

Blog Entries

Good thing Jussie Smollett happened to knock this out of the headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Good thing Jussie Smollett happened to knock this out of the headlines.
    And then Democrats needed to knock that out of the headlines so they made sure to plaster Cohen's testimony all over the news, even though he is literally going to jail soon for lying to Congress. It's like I'm living in a movie, a badly written movie of political corruption and media malfeasance.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 02-28-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Blog Entries

I figure it rates its own thread now.

A second woman has now come forward accusing the Lt Gov of sexual assault.

The Governor is again saying he won't step down.

Heat seems to have fallen off the State AG because of all the shit going on with the Lt Gov.
    You should be banned for sig abuse. Notice I didn't say anything about avatar abuse!
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    You should be banned for sig abuse. Notice I didn't say anything about avatar abuse!
    I'm simply quoting an interesting post.

I'm simply quoting an interesting post.
    This fucking sig dude, seriously, stop it.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie