Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: That clusterfuck known as Virginia

Blog Entries

Default That clusterfuck known as Virginia

I figure it rates its own thread now.

A second woman has now come forward accusing the Lt Gov of sexual assault.

The Governor is again saying he won't step down.

Heat seems to have fallen off the State AG because of all the shit going on with the Lt Gov.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

This story just keeps getting better.

On one hand I'm kind of pissed that it looks like both the governor and Lt governor are going to get away with shit that would have sunk a Republican within 48 hours.

On the other hand I'm kind of hoping these two are still around in office come 2020 and 2022. But let's get real, I don't think it's going to affect politics much on the national stage and probably barely any at all even on the local and state level because Democrats are all too willing to give Democrat politicians a pass for shit they would hang a Republican for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    This story just keeps getting better.

On one hand I'm kind of pissed that it looks like both the governor and Lt governor are going to get away with shit that would have sunk a Republican within 48 hours.

On the other hand I'm kind of hoping these two are still around in office come 2020 and 2022. But let's get real, I don't think it's going to affect politics much on the national stage and probably barely any at all even on the local and state level because Democrats are all too willing to give Democrat politicians a pass for shit they would hang a Republican for.
    From what I've heard, you can only serve as Governor for one term in Va anyways, so he isn't likely to step down. I honestly don't think the guy is racist and I believe he should be forgiven.

The stuff from the LtGov though... Well if it is true, it is the more serious thing. The first woman isn't going for charges. I haven't heard any details about the second accuser, just that there supposedly is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    From what I've heard, you can only serve as Governor for one term in Va anyways, so he isn't likely to step down. I honestly don't think the guy is racist and I believe he should be forgiven.
    Normally I would agree but again this is the type of thing that would sink a Republican. A Republican in Florida had to resign in just a matter of days over something not even as bad as Northam.

Republicans have to stop allowing Democrats to get away with the same shit that they worked hard to get Republicans thrown out of office for. The only way Democrats are going to learn is to start holding them accountable for the rules they make up.

Blog Entries

Normally I would agree but again this is the type of thing that would sink a Republican. A Republican in Florida had to resign in just a matter of days over something not even as bad as Northam.

Republicans have to stop allowing Democrats to get away with the same shit that they worked hard to get Republicans thrown out of office for. The only way Democrats are going to learn is to start holding them accountable for the rules they make up.
    Eh, I think he should have been forgiven too. The difference, the Florida Sec of State could have been fired. He took the pressure off the Governor and resigned. The Virginia Governor can't be fired or impeached for this.

It isn't about letting anyone get away with anything, there is just nothing anyone can do about it. I heard he might be switching to Independent though.
    Last edited by Gelston; 02-08-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It isn't about letting anyone get away with anything, there is just nothing anyone can do about it.
    They can keep demanding he resign. There are already some Democrats who are calling off their demands that he resign.

Blog Entries

They can keep demanding he resign. There are already some Democrats who are calling off their demands that he resign.
    There have been protests, and continue to be protests, in front of the capital everyday. Eventually it'll die down, as people get bored with it and realize he isn't going to, but they are going at him. Just yesterday though, every single state democrat congressman called for him to resign.

But again, they just realize there isn't a damn thing they can do about it.
    Last edited by Gelston; 02-08-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Blog Entries

The second accuser says the details to her sexual assault are similar to the first accuser's.

She claims the event happened 4 years prior to the original accuser's.
    Last edited by Gelston; 02-08-2019 at 05:02 PM.

9. Default

Apparently second accuser has texts and emails between her and her friends talking about the rape after it happened. Sounds like this guy needs to step down ASAP.

Blog Entries

Former Gov McAuliffe (D) is calling for the LtGov's resignation.