Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to make a longbow better?

The Bloodriven Bowery at Duskruin will likely have a 6x ipantor long bow for sale again for 2750. The description tends to change a little, but here's what it was last time. Just buy that, add some more sighting if you like, and call it good. Enchanting prices, especially for 7x, are 20m+ right now, and Gelston's right about not needing anything higher than a 6x bow.

https://gswiki.play.net/Bloodriven_V...odriven_Bowery

a henna-stained ipantor longbow overlapped by carved leaves +27 long bow 2750
    Last edited by BriarFox; 02-06-2019 at 07:52 AM.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

I thought higher enchanted bows gave you some slight improvements to DS?

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I thought higher enchanted bows gave you some slight improvements to DS?
    Bow enchants add directly to DS, like a shield would, but it's an issue of diminishing returns after 6x. Archers don't usually have DS issues (at higher levels).
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Archers don't usually have DS issues (at higher levels).
    Until you run into one of those crazy champs in the DR arena with 700+ AS and a claid!

Quote Originally Posted by Palcron View Post
    Easy to find? Yes. Cost? You could probably find someone willing to do it for 2/4/6m to go up to 5/6/7x, but with silvers losing value, it could cost double that. Often times, it’s worth just buying an already enchanted bow unless you really love your specific bow for whatever reason. Also, ensorcell before you enchant (that will cost you between 1.5 and 2.5m per necro week for a total of 10 necro weeks to get to t5).
    Inflation hit the enchanting market some time ago, I have been getting 5/10/15m for a while now and never lack for work. Most of the jobs are for enhancives or special items that have some meaning to the owner, as previously stated you can buy vanilla for a lot less.

"You're well beyond training for a reason."...Gelston

6. Default

I purchased the bow at the last dusk ruins, the ipantor longbow. it is 6x +27, according to the dusk ruins page on wiki. Don't why I thought it was 4 x. what about adding enhancements, can that be done? +'s to ranged weapon or dex ect..?
    Last edited by Sylvyrn; 02-07-2019 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvyrn View Post
    I have a new 4x ipantor longbow, I like the looks of it so how do I make it better? added some sighting already, what else can I do to it?
    Make it longer.

8. Default

Thank you all for your help.

what about fusion bows? the fusion stuff looks great but I read some post that suggested the orbs are hard to get or make and fusion stuff is obsolete, is that true?