Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a bunch of off the rack fusion stuff

1. Default a bunch of off the rack fusion stuff

A giant bundled sale of fusion gear. not individual, your bid buys it all cb 2 mil gemstonefella sold.

a wolf-marked vultite greatshield
    a set of buffed coppery mithril platemail
    a set of brushed mithril platemail
    some mottled black double leathers
    a crimson vultite greatshield etched with a centaur
    a suit of steel-studded leathers
    a suit of dark steel augmented chainmail
    some coal black mithril-studded scalemail
    some deep green double leathers
    some ora-edged black full leather
    some ora-edged black full leather

a silver-hilted vultite short sword
    a leather-bound bleached orase crook
    a steel-spiked blued ora yierka-spur
    a Saramar-runed silver mithglin skull-crusher
    a folded silvery mithril no-dachi
    an ecru and ochre vultite fist-scythe
    a haon-hafted vultite waraxe (marked)
    a massive black glaes tetsubo
    a twisted crimson orase runestaff (marked)
    an oak-shafted golden vultite warlance
    a mottled black invar claidhmore
    a steel-spiked blued ora yierka-spur
    a laje-inlaid grey mithglin breastplate
    a polished mithril-bladed troll-claw (marked)
    a polished mithril-bladed troll-claw (marked)
    Last edited by sfmatthias0; 02-11-2019 at 11:47 AM.

2. Default

So every item has a MB of 1 mil?

3. Default

no, the entire lot is 1 mil

4. Default

MB

It didn't die, Simu killed it.

I want to know why they haven't re-released the fusion shaman to make new-style orbs. We have enough orb fodder, and if your orbs are "disposable", then why not? Just cut the cost in half or more to make the orbs, and people will use fusion gear again...

7. Default

updated

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I want to know why they haven't re-released the fusion shaman to make new-style orbs. We have enough orb fodder, and if your orbs are "disposable", then why not? Just cut the cost in half or more to make the orbs, and people will use fusion gear again...
    Per GM Coase:

The reason why we needed to change how extractions worked is because it was becoming clear that players were increasingly seeing "vanilla" enhancive items as mere delivery vehicles for orbs rather than being actual items in their own right. Things like worn location, crumbly status, maximum charges, alternative item functions, weight, and so on are all properties of items that we try to vary to create items that provide interesting choices and character building "puzzles" and options. The ability to relatively trivially negate all those other properties to extract one property at its full value was a serious design flaw in fusion that needed to be fixed.

Duskruin put a lot of enhancive items out (and so does the treasure system), but the reason they can do so is because you often need to stretch a bit (or a lot) to actually use the items in their intended form. That is an intended part of the entire inventory system. If, instead, all those items' enhancive propertiers are just harvest-able to place in a single optimized item, then that is quite a big unintended bypass of most of the inventory system. Fusion extactions, as previously handled, were not sustainable going foward, unfortunately.
    Sounds like they're afraid we'll just orb all the 'great' enhancives we get at DR and miss out on the super fun character building 'puzzles'. I just love spending hours sorting/singing to locker after locker full of stuff I can't use/sell. And I can't wait till I have the opportunity to orb that stuff... and then watch my orbs degrade over time! It's like... the breakage we were promised so long ago, but never got the pure joy of truly having... but BETTER because we get to PAY to have our orbs repaired! <3 <3 <3

Since I'm ranting on your auction thread, I also bid 1.5m on the lot.

9. Default

the thing is, dont they start degrading once you put em in an item? so the thing to do would be to get your badass orbs made, wait till you have an optimal killer combo, then toss em in the armor and de-fusion the armor. its way more permanent but allows the sort of bonuses afforded by T3 orbs
    Last edited by sfmatthias0; 02-06-2019 at 05:59 PM.

They also don't offer defusion all that often anymore either.

Fusion orbs (T3) don't start degrading when you install them. They have a chance to go to a lower tier when you -remove- them from a socket. And that's the issue. Fusion is in kind of a fucked up purgatory. They released Fusion and it was good. People had uses for the trash tier items with cool enhancives on them. People really liked fusion. Time goes by, they decide it's OP, and nerf it. The way they nerfed it, they created a barrier to entry wherein people who already have T3 orbs are sitting pretty and can either use them or charge a fortune for the orbs. Anyone who didn't have fusion stuff already is hosed. They don't run the Shaman anymore and you couldn't get T3 orbs anyway.

Ahh, simu.