Thread: Metro Exodus

Blog Entries

Default Metro Exodus

I've been a fan of the Metro series for forever, so I was excited when Exodus was announced.

A few days ago, Deep Silver/Epic games reached some sort of exclusivity deal so that Exodus would only come to the Epic launcher for a year. It had been available for pre-order on Steam for quite a while but was removed, and people who pre-ordered were promised they would still be able to play it on Steam. I'm leery of the Epic store (no reviews) so I was just going to wait a year, but I guess the devs are now saying if it doesn't sell well Metro will be going console only.

Google translate power:
    https://www.gameru.net/forum/index.p...&#entry1648737
    Quote Originally Posted by scynet (developer)
    I watched the bubbling. Impressions are twofold. On the one hand, the withdrawal from the stim is ambiguous, so no one has done so sharply (as far as I can tell). This is new, which could cause rejection. Yes, and such a move pulls the need to install an epic launcher, which could cause some inconvenience to the players, and therefore cause discontent.

On the other hand, the reaction of a certain category of players (onli torrents and all that) is hardly adequate. It seems that people did not want to play, just waited for a reason to pour out their bile. That is, it turns out that we (the developers) for years have been hard and painful, with losses, trying to do something special, but a certain category of players believes that our work is not worth even a couple of minutes to install the launcher. Naturally, it is their life and their right, but then what do they care about the Metro? Obviously, it is not interesting to them. I can only say that they were not our players either, they are not interested in our work, which means that, for example, the opinion of such people is not interesting for me either. What is the point for me personally (and not only) to listen to their opinion?

But! Consider the situation deeper. Someone says that they say they crap Exodus and the previous games in the series, it will make the world better, they will put greedy developers in their place. To this I can answer that in a pinch, if at all all the PC players announce a boycott of the Metro, then the next metro, if it does, is definitely not on the PC. Better from this will be or worse, decide for yourself. I personally feel sorry for the loyal fans, yes. But my assessment of the work done personally by me and my friends and colleagues will not change this. I firmly know that almost everyone who pours this dirt on the net is also incapable of a bit of what we have done and hopefully do more. And that means they have no idea what they are talking about.

And further. Despite the fact that during the development I went through each level of each game, hell knows how many times, it is interesting for me to play Metro. I went through the previous parts completely and more than once, and now I am going to go through the whole PC version, to which we make the final touches. For me, this is already a tradition, I always re-pass the game completely before release. Allows you to evaluate the work done. What is it for me? I remember the words of the Prof, which I have heard more than once, both from myself and on the Internet - the game must be made for myself, so that you like it first. And only schA begin to understand this fully - no clever man can shake me about the value of the work that we have done. And there will always be disgruntled ..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

2. Default

No reviews as in no reviews yet or the store doesn't allow for reviews?

Gotta love a company that ambushes their customers, then claims it is all about choice (choice would be offering on all platforms, exclusivity deals are the opposite of choice), and finishes up with if you don't buy where we want you to we will take our ball and go home. Fuck these guys, I hope their sales tank.

Blog Entries

It'll be on Steam one year from release, so those wanting it there (that didn't pre-order) just need to wait it out.
    Last edited by Fallen; 02-02-2019 at 05:02 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

It is never a good idea to attack your consumers.