Page 61 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1054

Thread: Bullshit that happened

  1. #601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Except it wasn't shut down by "militia groups", it was shut down because the moonbat Governor was trying to use the state police like her own personal Gestapo.
    You're confusing yourself. I never said it was shut down by "militia groups". The Police Superintendant shut it down over what the police said were credible threats from militia groups. Oregon state police have the authority to do what the Governor asked them to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Understandably you're probably ignorant about the state of politics in the Pacific NW.

    I'm no expert, no, but I'm pretty sure its fairly uncommon for state capitals to get shut down by credible threats from American militias.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    If it was shut down because of militia groups, so what. The militia is "We the People" as stated in the constitution and, as usual, the people are sick of more taxes.
    I don't know why they aren't being treated like terrorists because thats what they are. You can wrap yourself in the American flag but it does not make you any different from any other group that uses threats of violence and fear to go against the majority to get their way.

    And this happened because the majority want a cleaner future on this planet? Thats the truly batshit crazy part of all of this.
    Last edited by Back; 06-24-2019 at 10:23 PM.
    Facts are simple and facts are straight. Facts are lazy and facts are late. Facts all come with points of view. Facts don't do what I want them to. Facts just twist the truth around. Facts are living turned inside out. Facts are getting the best of them. Facts are nothing on the face of things. Facts don't stain the furniture. Facts go out and slam the door. Facts are written all over your face. Facts continue to change their shape.

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    29,369
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Then show up and make your point. I didn't, and I'm sure no one else elected, someone not to show up. You go to work and do you fucking job, not drop out like a fucking loser. I didn't vote for anyone not to work, get to work.
    They are obstructing the vote. This is probably exactly what their constituents wanted. If not, they won't be elected again.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    They are obstructing the vote. This is probably exactly what their constituents wanted. If not, they won't be elected again.
    Why have elected officials if they don't go to work and do their job?

    No need to answer, it's rhetorical. It's bullshit this is politics in America today.
    https://stopthemadness.gop/

    http://www.usdebtclock.org/


    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    29,369
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Why have elected officials if they don't go to work and do their job?

    No need to answer, it's rhetorical. It's bullshit this is politics in America today.
    You seem to think they aren't doing their jobs. I'm saying they are doing exactly what they were elected to do, hence, they are doing their jobs.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    11,996
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Kick the obstructionist pissbabies out, run snap elections for their positions, then change quorum laws to prevent this kind of abuse.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  6. #606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    By preventing a "vote for action on climate change" you really just mean increase fuel costs to hurt the poor and middle class and charge businesses more for polluting which would also disproportionality hurt the poor and middle class right?
    Not quite. The top polluting companies are taxed for emissions, an incentive for them to find greener technology, and the money is used to invest in low income communities infrastructure with regard to climate change.

    Under a cap-and-trade program, the state puts an overall limit on emissions and auctions off pollution permits or “allowances” for each ton of carbon that industries plan to emit. Only the largest polluters are targeted, and the idea is that as the emissions limit becomes stricter over time, it will be in industries’ financial interest to switch to green technology. Oregon’s program would begin in 2021, and the state wants to reduce emissions to 80% below 1990 levels by 2050.


    Most of the money raised — estimated to total $550 million in the first year — would be used to fund a sweeping progressive platform that encourages further emission cuts and prioritizes investments in low-income and tribal communities’ ability to respond to climate change.
    https://www.latimes.com/business/la-...617-story.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    When will poor and working class people realize the same party can't both look after their interests AND the "green" interests. They are inherently polar opposites. It's the same shit with giving tax credits to people who buy expensive hybrid cars and put solar panels on their roofs; use tax dollars meant to help YOU, the poor and disadvantaged, but instead give it to wealthy people so they can save even more money on their energy costs.
    Not even sure what you're rambling about here. Climate change is affecting everyone, the poorest the worst, so it is in everyone's best interest to find solutions to a problem that has been ignored and thus grown for decades.

    I think the oil industry should have its subsidies removed entirely and be heavily taxed with that money used towards clean up programs.
    Last edited by Back; 06-25-2019 at 09:46 AM.
    Facts are simple and facts are straight. Facts are lazy and facts are late. Facts all come with points of view. Facts don't do what I want them to. Facts just twist the truth around. Facts are living turned inside out. Facts are getting the best of them. Facts are nothing on the face of things. Facts don't stain the furniture. Facts go out and slam the door. Facts are written all over your face. Facts continue to change their shape.

  7. #607
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In amazement
    Posts
    3,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Kick the obstructionist pissbabies out, run snap elections for their positions, then change quorum laws to prevent this kind of abuse.
    All I hear is "I don't like the process so let's try to invalidate an election and change the laws to fit my personal opinion."
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    29,369
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Kick the obstructionist pissbabies out, run snap elections for their positions, then change quorum laws to prevent this kind of abuse.
    Doesn't help if they just reelect them again.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  9. #609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    then change quorum laws to prevent this kind of abuse.
    This is what I agree with. Clearly this type of filibustering was put in originally for a reason; presumably so the minority has some sort of negotiating power and aren't just sitting there being run over by the majority.

    If the majority doesn't like it then they should find a way to change the rules. Otherwise tough shit follow the rules, don't call the cops and ask them to arrest members of congress for not showing up to work. Is anyone even defending that bullshit? Because that's pretty indefensible.

  10. #610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Not quite. The top polluting companies are taxed for emissions, an incentive for them to find greener technology, and the money is used to invest in low income communities infrastructure with regard to climate change.
    Right, because the companies won't just pass the increased cost onto the consumer or lay off workers. And yes, I'm totally sure the money raised will go directly towards helping low income communities and it won't go to waste, fraud, or other pet projects by lawmakers. I know you weren't born yesterday but perhaps it was last week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Not even sure what you're rambling about here. Climate change is effecting everyone
    Yeah, Oregon is responsible for what, 0.10% of the world's total greenhouse gases? The entire state of Oregon can disappear tomorrow and no one will even notice a difference in the amount of greenhouse gases in the air. But let's make sure we rake the poor and middle class over the coals!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •