Page 60 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullshit that happened

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I agree, the Oregon green new deal is bullshit.
    Thats nice. How do you feel about our democratic system? Or the fact that a state government building was shut down because of threats from militia groups?

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    So, to PREVENT a majority vote for action on climate change
    By preventing a "vote for action on climate change" you really just mean increase fuel costs to hurt the poor and middle class and charge businesses more for polluting which would also disproportionality hurt the poor and middle class right?

When will poor and working class people realize the same party can't both look after their interests AND the "green" interests. They are inherently polar opposites. It's the same shit with giving tax credits to people who buy expensive hybrid cars and put solar panels on their roofs; use tax dollars meant to help YOU, the poor and disadvantaged, but instead give it to wealthy people so they can save even more money on their energy costs.

Thats nice. How do you feel about our democratic system? Or the fact that a state government building was shut down because of threats from militia groups?
    TD;DR

But anyway, how do you feel about how if it was the other way around and democrats didn't show up for like some anti-abortion vote or whatever you'd be like VERY PROUD OF MY PARTY FOR TAKING A STAND TODAY THIS IS THE KIND OF PEOPLE WE NEED IN GOVERNMENT!!!!
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Except it wasn't shut down by "militia groups", it was shut down because the moonbat Governor was trying to use the state police like her own personal Gestapo.

Understandably you're probably ignorant about the state of politics in the Pacific NW.

If it was shut down because of militia groups, so what. The militia is "We the People" as stated in the constitution and, as usual, the people are sick of more taxes.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

5. Default

Not to be a wut aboot, but didn’t the exact thing happen in Scott Walkers state a couple years back? In either case, I’m with Backrash on this one. Do your fucking job as representatives, even if I disagree. Do your jobs. Elections have consequence.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Not to be a wut aboot, but didn’t the exact thing happen in Scott Walkers state a couple years back? In either case, I’m with Backrash on this one. Do your fucking job as representatives, even if I disagree. Do your jobs. Elections have consequence.
    Kinda inbetween it on it for me. Crappy of them to walk out but shitty for the Governor to authorize the state police to arrest them to make them come back.

Blog Entries

Maybe their constituents elected them to do this sort of thing? Their only job is to echo the wishes of the people who voted for them.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Oregon's fault for even allowing this type of thing to happen. At one point Oregon must have put this in their constitution or whatever to give some power to the minority party.

I'm sure the Democrats in the state will be working on changing this rule soon.

Blog Entries

Interestingly enough, Oregon was the first state to introduce a gas tax that was to be used for road maintenance.

Even more interesting, Kate Brown and her husband just moved into the 11,000 sq. ft. governors mansion back in 2015.

Back, how do you feel about a politician that wants to raise taxes to combat "global warming" while her and her husband live in a 91 year old, 11,000 sq. ft. home?

The governor also wants the state to visit all homes with newborn children.

I find it shocking that the militia has grown in numbers in Oregon, shocking!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Maybe their constituents elected them to do this sort of thing? Their only job is to echo the wishes of the people who voted for them.
    Then show up and make your point. I didn't, and I'm sure no one else elected, someone not to show up. You go to work and do you fucking job, not drop out like a fucking loser. I didn't vote for anyone not to work, get to work.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal