Page 62 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1049

Thread: Bullshit that happened

  1. #611
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    11,934
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    This is what I agree with. Clearly this type of filibustering was put in originally for a reason; presumably so the minority has some sort of negotiating power and aren't just sitting there being run over by the majority.

    If the majority doesn't like it then they should find a way to change the rules. Otherwise tough shit follow the rules, don't call the cops and ask them to arrest members of congress for not showing up to work. Is anyone even defending that bullshit? Because that's pretty indefensible.
    I'm fairly confident it was never intended for the minority party to completely halt the legislative process by just not showing up. The guys who wrote the state constitution, the ones riding penny farthings, wearing top hats, and writing black exclusion laws, literally never envisioned a future where one party would just say 'fuck it' and refuse to do their jobs.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  2. #612
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    29,334
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I'm fairly confident it was never intended for the minority party to completely halt the legislative process by just not showing up. The guys who wrote the state constitution, the ones riding penny farthings, wearing top hats, and writing black exclusion laws, literally never envisioned a future where one party would just say 'fuck it' and refuse to do their jobs.
    Did Oregon have black exclusion laws? Maybe just anti-Chinese.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  3. #613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I'm fairly confident it was never intended for the minority party to completely halt the legislative process by just not showing up. The guys who wrote the state constitution, the ones riding penny farthings, wearing top hats, and writing black exclusion laws, literally never envisioned a future where one party would just say 'fuck it' and refuse to do their jobs.
    Then why does it work like that? I can't think of any other political situation where people can just simply not show up and the other side can't even vote unless they show up. If this happens in the US congress then their vote just doesn't get counted, but it doesn't prevent the other side from even holding a vote.

    At some point they made the rule that if there aren't enough senators at the senate when the vote is held then the vote can't even take place. Unless I'm totally misunderstanding what is happening here.

  4. #614
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    5,066
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    You're confusing yourself. I never said it was shut down by "militia groups". The Police Superintendant shut it down over what the police said were credible threats from militia groups. Oregon state police have the authority to do what the Governor asked them to do.



    I'm no expert, no, but I'm pretty sure its fairly uncommon for state capitals to get shut down by credible threats from American militias.



    I don't know why they aren't being treated like terrorists because thats what they are. You can wrap yourself in the American flag but it does not make you any different from any other group that uses threats of violence and fear to go against the majority to get their way.

    And this happened because the majority want a cleaner future on this planet? Thats the truly batshit crazy part of all of this.
    Your vision of how things should work in no way aligns with how our country was founded. Our government is supposed to live in fear of the people. Unlike the lefts militia (antifa) who rioted in the streets of Washington over an election, the Oregon malitia did nothing.

    You totally gloss over the fact that this cunt lives in a 90 year old 11,000 sq. ft. home and is calling to tax people for their carbon emissions. This is Marie Antoinette level of hypocrisy. "Let them drive electric cars!"


    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

    Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

  5. #615
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    29,334
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/06...85a7-317209481


    More Smollett stuff, including body cam video from the officer's 1st contact with him.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  6. #616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    And this happened because the majority want a cleaner future on this planet? Thats the truly batshit crazy part of all of this.
    It's funny that you still believe this is really their goal and not just some red herring. Funny as in you should be wearing a helmet everywhere you go.

    Because you're a retard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Not quite. The top polluting companies are taxed for emissions, an incentive for them to find greener technology, and the money is used to invest in low income communities infrastructure with regard to climate change.



    https://www.latimes.com/business/la-...617-story.html



    Not even sure what you're rambling about here. Climate change is effecting everyone, the poorest the worst, so it is in everyone's best interest to find solutions to a problem that has been ignored and thus grown for decades.

    I think the oil industry should have its subsidies removed entirely and be heavily taxed with that money used towards clean up programs.
    Jesus Christ Back why are you so fucking gullible?
    Last edited by Methais; 06-25-2019 at 09:46 AM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  7. #617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I'm fairly confident it was never intended for the minority party to completely halt the legislative process by just not showing up. The guys who wrote the state constitution, the ones riding penny farthings, wearing top hats, and writing black exclusion laws, literally never envisioned a future where one party would just say 'fuck it' and refuse to do their jobs.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Did Oregon have black exclusion laws? Maybe just anti-Chinese.
    Stay on topic you god damn retard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/06...85a7-317209481


    More Smollett stuff, including body cam video from the officer's 1st contact with him.
    THAT'S RIGHT YOU BETTER LISTEN!!!!!!!1
    Last edited by Methais; 06-25-2019 at 09:45 AM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  8. #618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Right, because the companies won't just pass the increased cost onto the consumer or lay off workers. And yes, I'm totally sure the money raised will go directly towards helping low income communities and it won't go to waste, fraud, or other pet projects by lawmakers. I know you weren't born yesterday but perhaps it was last week?
    Is that really a good reason not to do something about climate change? Why would you not be upset by the companies whose unclean practices are having an effect on the shared future of our lives on this planet in the first place? Instead you are upset by people who want to correct that problem for our better shared future?

    You claim the stated law will be skirted and the money not used as the law says it will not be used. While I share your skepticism to a point, and we should watch everything the government does like a hawk, and ask them questions, and hold them accountable, by all means! I do trust that most of the time it works like it should with the checks and balances, oversight, and public access to information to keep them accountable to what they laws that they make for us say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Yeah, Oregon is responsible for what, 0.10% of the world's total greenhouse gases? The entire state of Oregon can disappear tomorrow and no one will even notice a difference in the amount of greenhouse gases in the air. But let's make sure we rake the poor and middle class over the coals!
    This is rationalization against something science has shown us to be true. We have to start somewhere. Every atom makes up a molecule. Every state makes a nation. When this goes global we'll be in a better place with a better future.

    Your attitude is why we are here in the first place. So many people have come up with so many reasons why we can't tackle the climate change problem that they just don't do anything. Are people coming up with excuses because they are too lazy to throw a bottle in a different bin? Skepticism of our government, any government, is understandable, but skepticism isn't a good enough reason not to try to accomplish great and necessary things.

  9. #619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Is that really a good reason not to do something about climate change? Why would you not be upset by the companies whose unclean practices are having an effect on the shared future of our lives on this planet in the first place? Instead you are upset by people who want to correct that problem for our better shared future?

    You claim the stated law will be skirted and the money not used as the law says it will not be used. While I share your skepticism to a point, and we should watch everything the government does like a hawk, and ask them questions, and hold them accountable, by all means! I do trust that most of the time it works like it should with the checks and balances, oversight, and public access to information to keep them accountable to what they laws that they make for us say.



    This is rationalization against something science has shown us to be true. We have to start somewhere. Every atom makes up a molecule. Every state makes a nation. When this goes global we'll be in a better place with a better future.

    Your attitude is why we are here in the first place. So many people have come up with so many reasons why we can't tackle the climate change problem that they just don't do anything. Are people coming up with excuses because they are too lazy to throw a bottle in a different bin? Skepticism of our government, any government, is understandable, but skepticism isn't a good enough reason not to try to accomplish great and necessary things.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You seem to think they aren't doing their jobs. I'm saying they are doing exactly what they were elected to do, hence, they are doing their jobs.
    i disagree. We don’t elect officials not to work. To be clear, the only piece of Backrash’s retardation I agree with is the elected officials show up to work. All the other bullshit if just him being his usual triggered snowflake world is ending self.
    https://stopthemadness.gop/

    http://www.usdebtclock.org/


    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •