Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Civil War in Venezuela

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Who is the retarded person in this situation?

The person building a store in a flood prone area or the person who builds a store in an area protected from that flooding, most likely at a higher investment cost, that can remain open during a time of crisis?

You're punishing the person for taking measures to protect themselves by wise planning and want them to eat the higher costs, so you can protect the idiots.

You're wrong on price gouging and this is how you know you're wrong:

At what point does it become price gouging? 1% increase? 10%? 100%...................?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Obviously that's not how it works as can be seen through numerous examples and the simple laws of supply and demand.

Here is yet another example of how wrong you are:

Natural disaster hits, gas station still sells water at $1.00 a bottle. Smart person buys all the water and resells it at $5.00 a bottle.

I'm sorry you have difficulty understanding and want to use government to punish people for being wise. It's always going to happen as sure as idiots are going to continue to build in coastal regions and cry because they built in a coastal region.
    Is said person reporting those $5 water bottle sales on his income tax? Just curious if they're following the law and all.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Is said person reporting those $5 water bottle sales on his income tax? Just curious if they're following the law and all.
    I hope they're not.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Actually insurance companies don't give a fuck about the cost of health care going up or down.
    Your ignorance is once again, astounding.

Employer based plans are roughly only half of all health insurance policies. They are no where near as profitable as Medicaid, Medicare, or Tricare. The profits are directly tied to costs.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    Your ignorance is once again, astounding.

Employer based plans are roughly only half of all health insurance policies. They are no where near as profitable as Medicaid, Medicare, or Tricare. The profits are directly tied to costs.
    Hey, I do understand that you are intellectually lazy and failed reading comprehension and that doesn't give you a pass.

Ummm, according to this article from 2016 the percentage of employers, overall that were fully or partially self funded is 63% and rising. This is a substantial majority and when a 3% lead in the popular vote is lauded as a landslide in the media, my saying vast majority is justified. I will walk that back to a substantial majority. So a small pyrrhic victory for you and then you shoot yourself in dick with your follow on expulsion of bullshit.

I never mentioned individual policies which you allude to in your comment about percentage of insurance policies, Medicaid, Medicare or Tricare at all. I have only spoken about the employer provided health insurance market. What a lazy attempt at deflection that isn't going to work. Tricare is contracted out in 7 managed care regional contracts and major insurance companies are contracted to provide administration and customer service. Just like employer driven care, the insurance company is not paying the cost of the claims, they are doing paperwork, accounting and customer service and they are paid a fee for that. The cost of the care such as the cost of a colonoscopy or appendectomy don't matter in the profitability for the insurance company. The insurance company gets paid based on service levels, accuracy and cost containment (A nice way of saying that they don't allow frivolous testing, unnecessary or experimental treatments and so on).

The same is true for Medicaid administered by the the states and Medicare, the profitability for the insurance company, if involved at all, is based on service levels, accuracy and cost containment, not on the cost of procedures.

I am neither ignorant nor erroneous in what I have said and I have clearly supported it multiple times. You on the other hand continue to spew unfounded, uninformed and unsupported garbage about something that you clearly know little about. You have eagerly accepted the mass media spoon fed spin on insurance like a Sally Struthers the Hutt going after a Chocolate Yum Yum bar.

To answer the over riding issue, the government is why we have this giant mess in the first place and if you think that the government can fix it, then you clearly haven't been paying attention.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

Apparently the Cubans and the Russians are responsible for Maduro not fleeing.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Apparently the Cubans and the Russians are responsible for Maduro not fleeing.
    Yeah, if they have him on the ground, they have a thread of validity to have their troops on the ground there so they can get away with not calling it an invasion.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie