Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Civil War in Venezuela

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Obviously that's not how it works as can be seen through numerous examples and the simple laws of supply and demand.

Here is yet another example of how wrong you are:

Natural disaster hits, gas station still sells water at $1.00 a bottle. Smart person buys all the water and resells it at $5.00 a bottle.

I'm sorry you have difficulty understanding and want to use government to punish people for being wise. It's always going to happen as sure as idiots are going to continue to build in coastal regions and cry because they built in a coastal region.
    I bet you support phone scammers hooking old people too.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Obviously that's not how it works as can be seen through numerous examples and the simple laws of supply and demand.

Natural disaster hits, gas station still sells water at $1.00 a bottle. Smart person buys all the water and resells it at $5.00 a bottle.

I'm sorry you have difficulty understanding and want to use government to punish people for being wise. It's always going to happen as sure as idiots are going to continue to build in coastal regions and cry because they built in a coastal region.
    That's also price gouging and it's not being smart, it's being a predatory piece of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Blog Entries

Buying all the water and reselling it isn't being "wise" it's being an asshole.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I bet you support phone scammers hooking old people too.
    It's not that I support it or don't support it. I just accept supply and demand as economic physics and I refuse to delude myself with irrational feelings.

Using your argument, where is the incentive for people to better protect their investments when it comes at a higher cost?

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Buying all the water and reselling it isn't being "wise" it's being an asshole.
    It's not illegal to be an asshole.

Isn't it also being an asshole to make profits from selling water, a basic human need?

What is "too much profit" in your opinion?

Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

Blog Entries

It's not illegal to be an asshole.

Isn't it also being an asshole to make profits from selling water, a basic human need?

What is "too much profit" in your opinion?
    Except it is when it is considered price gouging.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Wow, 3 1/2 years in the exact industry that would hate for the cost of healthcare to be reduced. Incredibly unbiased opinion there.
    Actually insurance companies don't give a fuck about the cost of health care going up or down. Since you didn't read or didn't understand it, here are the facts again. Insurance companies are NOT PAYING THE BILL. Over 90% of the employer based insurance has the employers paying the claims and the insurance company is paid a flat administrative fee per month per member enrolled. Period. We don't give a rats ass if a the price is 5K or 500K it's not our money.

The chargemaster is a very real sheet. California has a law that requires hospitals to provide it to the state. They aren't centralized among ALL hospitals, they are centralized for a single hospital or chain of them.
    It's a fake pile of shit to distract people and has virtually nothing to do with the real cost of healthcare. If you are stupid enough to go out of network, then you can get charged whatever the fuck someone wants. I have personally seen an assistant surgeon for a hip replacement charge $75,000 which was more than the cost of the hospital, the primary surgeon and the anesthesiologist combined. Stay in network, then the contract between the insurance company and the health care provider is all that matters, your plan pays more and you have contracted cost control. Or, learn to negotiate.

As for my figure, I'll admit, I was making it up to make a point, insurance companies don't pay what you see on the bill. When you compare our costs to other 1st world countries, if the insurance company is still paying 50% of that, they are also being massively fucking ripped off. Oh, and not to mention, 30k vs 60k is still way fucking better.
    Other countries don't have the liability insurance cost to support among other things.

All that shit can be lowered. The have a $39 fee for a nurse holding a baby. $15 for a single tylenol pill. No, sorry, that needs to be changed. It won't be though. Too many people making money.

Again, I consider what the medical industry is doing to be price gouging, just like a gas station after a storm.

Of course, certain people don't care as long as they can get free abortions.
    You can take your own meds to the hospital and refuse medication if you want too. The days of the $15 Tylenol are long since over. Want to really fix things, add competition, control liability costs for bullshit lawsuits and reign in idiotic regulations that increase administration costs to comply with when they do nothing to improve patient care. People have been isolated from the cost of their healthcare for so long that they don't have a clue. The same for higher education and in both cases it's because of government interference.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell View Post
    Yeah, my parents in their infinite financial stupidity, bought silver at around $16 an ounce and then didn't sell when it toped out because reasons. Then they had to sit on it for like 15 years before selling at a loss to pay my mom's medical bills.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I actually watched an interesting story on price gouging. It argued that price gouging isn't necessarily a bad thing for emergencies.

For example let's say everyone is preparing for a hurricane so they rush to the store to stock up on supplies. The first people who get there buy up all of the water and batteries because it's a normal price. This now leaves no supplies for those who showed up later and also gives the people who bought everything a chance to turn around and sell everything for a profit, thus encouraging people who don't need the supplies to buy up the entire stock first.

Whereas if a company could charge 15 dollars for a case of water that is normally 3 dollars it might encourage more people to just buy what they need and leave more for others.

I'm still not sure how I feel about price gouging, but that video really did make me think.
    Scalping is just price gouging but using a different word.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-03-2019 at 09:07 AM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.