Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mainstream media was busy smearing teens over the weekend

Here is the article in question. This is the original posted back in 2008 and is archived:

https://archive.is/EiR1I

Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran from Vietnam. “People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me.”
    The updated version reads:

Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran of the Vietnam era. “People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me.”
    Now one might think "Yeah but the original article was edited 11 years ago, what's the big deal?" But here's the thing, the author of this article admitted he edited the story since this latest controversy came out because he received an email saying it was wrong.

Almost as if people started doing some digging into Nathan Phillips' bullshit claims from the past and are now trying to correct them.

Even if we were to believe this was a legit correction and not just someone trying to cover up lies a decade later the updated article still doesn't make sense. He "came back" to the US as a "Veteran of the Vietnam era"? What does that even mean?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 01-23-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Here is the article in question. This is the original posted back in 2008 and is archived:

https://archive.is/EiR1I

The updated version reads:

Now one might think "Yeah but the original article was edited 11 years ago, what's the big deal?" But here's the thing, the author of this article admitted he edited the story since this latest controversy came out because he received an email saying it was wrong.

Almost as if people started doing some digging into Nathan Phillips' bullshit claims from the past and are now trying to correct them.

Even if we were to believe this was a legit correction and not just someone trying to cover up lies a decade later the updated article still doesn't make sense. He "came back" to the US as a "Veteran of the Vietnam era"? What does that even mean?
    That doesn't necessarily mean HE said he was a Vietnam veteran. He probably said Vietnam era and the guy, like the Post, mischaracterized it. That being said, IU imagine he didn't also try to correct it himself.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

If he wasn't claiming to be something he's not, IDGAF.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    That being said, IU imagine he didn't also try to correct it himself.
    Well that's the thing, he never seems to try and correct it. Why correct it a decade later. And still assuming the quote is correct (because no one is disputing that...yet) the quote still makes no sense. He never left the states so where did he return from? Why was he spit on by a hippie girl upon returning to the US from the other part of the US. Assuming the reporter really did misunderstand "Vietnam era" with "Vietnam vet" who can blame him with that quote? At worst Nathan Phillips completely lied about this years ago, at best he was purposefully manipulative and vague to give the impression he served in Vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    If he wasn't claiming to be something he's not, IDGAF.
    Well he claimed to be a Recon Ranger in the Marines and yet he was an electrician who never left the US and went AWOL several times.

Blog Entries

He never left the states so where did he return from? Why was he spit on by a hippie girl upon returning to the US from the other part of the US.
    Hippies were wild back then, modern republicans have no idea how lucky they are hippies became domesticated.

Assuming the reporter really did misunderstand "Vietnam era" with "Vietnam vet" who can blame him with that quote? At worst Nathan Phillips completely lied about this years ago, at best he was purposefully manipulative and vague to give the impression he served in Vietnam.
    A lot of civilians don't understand the military, and that applies to reporters as well. Regardless I don't think it's been definitively shown the guy never left the US anyway.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Well he claimed to be a Recon Ranger in the Marines and yet he was an electrician who never left the US and went AWOL several times.
    Does anyone really believe the guy has both oars in the water?

He's a left wing crackpot. I don't blame him at all in this mess.. he did what he always does.

It was the media that once again rushed to judgement.. all because, as Joy Behar admitted, "Because we're desperate to get Trump out of office. That's why."
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Regardless I don't think it's been definitively shown the guy never left the US anyway.
    Some guy who is known for exposing stolen valor frauds says he got a hold of his DD214 which shows he never left the US during his Marine service. I posted the video a while back. I suppose that guy could be a liar and faking this whole thing but from what I understand he is the real deal in exposing stolen valor frauds so I imagine he has some back channel to get FOIA requests processed quickly for this type of thing.

Hippies were wild back then, modern republicans have no idea how lucky they are hippies became domesticated.
    Yesterday's "hippies" are today's "Social Justice Warriors"

Social media has made them even worse.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Does anyone really believe the guy has both oars in the water?

He's a left wing crackpot. I don't blame him at all in this mess.. he did what he always does.
    That's what I said a while ago, the guy either has legit mental health issues, is a serial liar, or possibly both, and Democrats are all too eager to capitalize on either one if it furthers their narrative.