Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mainstream media was busy smearing teens over the weekend

Blog Entries

That isn't a DD-214, BTW. I doubt he got a court martial. I imagine he was admin sepped. They'll do that to you after 3 NJPs.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Some guy who is known for exposing stolen valor frauds says he got a hold of his DD214 which shows he never left the US during his Marine service. I posted the video a while back. I suppose that guy could be a liar and faking this whole thing but from what I understand he is the real deal in exposing stolen valor frauds so I imagine he has some back channel to get FOIA requests processed quickly for this type of thing.
    Oh, was that Shipley up above? He does a lot of stuff with SEAL fakers because he can check the rolls pretty easily, first time I've heard of him doing it to a non-SEAL though. I guess we'll see what/if the fallout is.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Oh, was that Shipley up above? He does a lot of stuff with SEAL fakers because he can check the rolls pretty easily, first time I've heard of him doing it to a non-SEAL though. I guess we'll see what/if the fallout is.
    He is used to doing FOIAs, but the SEAL stuff is easier for him because he has access to the BUD/S rolls and stuff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Maybe, remember this was back in the mid 70’s policy might be different.
    Nah, a court martial takes a bunch of time and they aren't going to waste it on some UA charges unless it was desertion. Three NJPs in an enlistment is an admin discharge.

Blog Entries

Whatever, anything besides honorable is deemed questionable by my understanding.
    This doesn't even list discharge he received, as I said, it isn't a DD-214. As a private, probably not Honorable, but then again, it could have been. They had short active stints back then.

Basically what I'm saying, is all this tells us is he did serve in the Marines, he went UA 3 times, he got out as a Private, and he served with 3d MWHS-3
    Last edited by Gelston; 01-23-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    My official take on the matter:

And then they scissored.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Right, but it does scuttle the mass media’s ‘Vietnam Veteran’ narrative. At least to the general public, when you say Vietnam Vet you immediately think hueys and mortar fire. That is to say even without specific medals or MOS being mentioned the designation of Vietnam Vet denotes a certain honor.

With the paperwork on hand it proves that at the very least he wasn’t.
    The argument is about if he said Vietnam Vet or if the media made it up though. We know he isn't a Vietnam vet.

Blog Entries

Don’t put too much thought into it imho, if a person is sneaking in Vietnam with Veteran regardless of placement or adjectives involved he’s trying to glean from the honor afforded to the designation of being a Vietnam Vet, let’s be real.

He could have just said I was a Marine (which amongst civilians denotes a special honor in of itself) and noone would have batted an eye.
    Him not correcting anyone was suspect, but Vietnam-era is a legit term used by the VA. Just like Desert Storm-Era and GWoT-Era. It doesn't mean they deploy anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Him not correcting anyone was suspect, but Vietnam-era is a legit term used by the VA. Just like Desert Storm-Era and GWoT-Era. It doesn't mean they deploy anywhere.
    This is true but isn't it still kind of misleading on his part? I could understand if he said he was a Vietnam era vet and he was in the Marines in 68 or something and he was just never deployed to Vietnam. But he was in the reserves in 1972, the last combat Marine left Vietnam in 1971 to my understanding and again to my understanding I don't think we were really sending anymore troops to Vietnam in 1972, maybe rotating people out but it's not like we were increasing our troop count. And by the time he was called into active duty it's very unlikely he would have been sent to Vietnam.

I still think the guy has a few screws loose. He has already changed his story about this latest incident several times and we see everything that happened on video.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    This is true but isn't it still kind of misleading on his part? I could understand if he said he was a Vietnam era vet and he was in the Marines in 68 or something and he was just never deployed to Vietnam. But he was in the reserves in 1972, the last combat Marine left Vietnam in 1971 to my understanding and again to my understanding I don't think we were really sending anymore troops to Vietnam in 1972, maybe rotating people out but it's not like we were increasing our troop count. And by the time he was called into active duty it's very unlikely he would have been sent to Vietnam.

I still think the guy has a few screws loose. He has already changed his story about this latest incident several times and we see everything that happened on video.
    Again, the Department of Veteran's Affairs classifies ANY Service member who served between 1964 and 1975 to be a Vietnam Era Vet. He didn't create this term, it is an official Government term to classify a time frame. You didn't have to deploy for that classification. PEople who entered the military in 1946 are also called WWII era vets, even though there was no fighting going on anymore. Anyone who has served from 1990 to present is classified as a Gulf War vet, tons of people in the '90s have never deployed to the Gulf.

He should have corrected to writers and added the era part, but he wasn't lying.

Mexican Border Period (May 9, 1916 – April 5, 1917 for Veterans who served in Mexico, on its borders, or adjacent waters)
    World War I (April 6, 1917 – November 11, 1918)
    World War II (December 7, 1941 – December 31, 1946)
    Korean conflict (June 27, 1950 – January 31, 1955)
    Vietnam era (February 28, 1961 – May 7, 1975 for Veterans who served in the Republic of Vietnam during that period; otherwise August 5, 1964 – May 7, 1975)
    Gulf War (August 2, 1990 – through a future date to be set by law or Presidential Proclamation)

https://www.benefits.va.gov/pension/wartimeperiod.asp
    Last edited by Gelston; 01-23-2019 at 11:39 AM.