Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Says San Francisco Streets Are Disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    If the poverty line in San Francisco is $115,000 a year, then $20/hr won't cover it. The minimum wage needs to be $55/hr.

I'm not sure why that hasn't been made into law yet. People deserve a living wage.

Also: SF has had a homeless issue for decades now.. it's not a new thing.
    Just make minimum wage $115,000/hr and everything will be fine.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Just make minimum wage $115,000/hr and everything will be fine.
    Think of all the simucoins you could buy
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Think of all the simucoins you could buy

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
    Nah gotta be raised to 20 bucks an hour.

I hate to say it but the problem with San Fran is because of people like time4fun You got these asshats working for a FANG company pulling in monopoly money 300,400,500k+ a year and then some dude working construction (a respectable profession) not even being able to afford a shithole 1 story ranch because some 27 yr old kid straight from grad school needed to sock away exercised stock options , jacking up home prices to quadruple what they should go for.

It’s really really really fucked up here... like beyond bizzaro world fucked up.
    Welcome to capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Welcome to capitalism.
    Quoted for retardedness.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
    Nah gotta be raised to 20 bucks an hour.

I hate to say it but the problem with San Fran is because of people like time4fun You got these asshats working for a FANG company pulling in monopoly money 300,400,500k+ a year and then some dude working construction (a respectable profession) not even being able to afford a shithole 1 story ranch because some 27 yr old kid straight from grad school needed to sock away exercised stock options , jacking up home prices to quadruple what they should go for.

It’s really really really fucked up here... like beyond bizzaro world fucked up.
    There's plenty of blame to go around, but you're focusing on the wrong part of the equation. The Bay Area is what happens when you generate an enormous amount of wealth, but you don't have fiscal policy in place to redistribute it. This is the end game of conservative economic policy, and it's as dysfunctional as you would imagine.

If it weren't in SF, it would be somewhere else. The real issue is that we've been gutting the top marginal tax rate since the 80s because conservative politicians managed to sell people on the idiotic notion that slashing taxes is great for society. Coupled with the fact that stock buybacks were made legal in the Reagan era, and this is what you're left with. The Bay Area can't enact the kind of fiscal policy necessary to redistribute its immense wealth properly, and people are drowning in inflation as a result. California is trying to do its best, but the reality is that business interests are still trumping (har) the interests of normal people even here. (I'm looking at you Ellis Act)

This is a cautionary tale of conservative economic policy. You either end up bankrupt like Kansas, or you end up with massive poverty rates like SF. If the top marginal tax rates were still in the 70s, and if stock buybacks were still considered corrupt (which they are), SF would look like a very different place.

There's a reason why so many of us keep harping on the subject of taxes and income inequality. It's not "just" about doing the moral thing, it's also about enacting necessary policy.
    Last edited by time4fun; 01-21-2019 at 05:07 PM.

There's plenty of blame to go around, but you're focusing on the wrong part of the equation. The Bay Area is what happens when you generate an enormous amount of wealth, but you don't have fiscal policy in place to redistribute it. This is the end game of conservative economic policy, and it's as dysfunctional as you would imagine.

If it weren't in SF, it would be somewhere else. The real issue is that we've been gutting the top marginal tax rate since the 80s because conservative politicians managed to sell people on the idiotic notion that slashing taxes is great for society. Coupled with the fact that stock buybacks were made legal in the Reagan era, and this is what you're left with. The Bay Area can't enact the kind of fiscal policy necessary to redistribute its immense wealth properly, and people are drowning in inflation as a result. California is trying to do its best, but the reality is that business interests are still trumping (har) the interests of normal people even here. (I'm looking at you Ellis Act)

This is a cautionary tale of conservative economic policy. You either end up bankrupt like Kansas, or you end up with massive poverty rates like SF. If the top marginal tax rates were still in the 70s, and if stock buybacks were still considered corrupt (which they are), SF would look like a very different place.

There's a reason why so many of us keep harping on the subject of taxes and income inequality. It's not "just" about doing the moral thing, it's also about enacting necessary policy.
    "SF has issues.. and it's all the Republican's fault! Remember back in 1964 when we elected that Republican mayor?? HE DID THIS TO US!"

Literally, the stupidity you bring to us on a daily basis is very much appreciated.

Thank you.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Wtfrtr;dr.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Wtfrtr;dr.

What the fuck retard, too retarded; damn retards.
    Translated from this ancient textbook I picked up at the library.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Translated from this ancient textbook I picked up at the library.
    close enough