Thread: Greater Ele Flares

Default Greater Ele Flares

1. Do you have to have regular ele flares on your weapon before you can add greater ele? or does buying greater ele certificate automatically add regular flares too if they're missing?

2. If the latter, if you later replace greater ele flares with blink for example, do the regular flares remain?
    Last edited by dex; 01-18-2019 at 04:09 PM.

The flare type has to match. Then, it flares less, but when it does flare it's more badass. Personally I think MSTRIKE'ing and/or CMAN QS'ing with a super fast swinging weapon gives the latter, just, better shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    1. Do you have to have regular ele flares on your weapon before you can add greater ele? or does buying greater ele certificate automatically add regular flares too if they're missing?
    The cert sold from DR (and now retired) let you add greater on a weapon with no current flare. The redeeming GM grumbled about it, but I was fairly certain a senior GM (maybe even Wyrom) posted explicitly on the forums this could be done, and they went ahead with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Merzbow View Post
    The cert sold from DR (and now retired) let you add greater on a weapon with no current flare. The redeeming GM grumbled about it, but I was fairly certain a senior GM (maybe even Wyrom) posted explicitly on the forums this could be done, and they went ahead with it.
    [citation needed]
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Merzbow is correct. I added greater fire flares to a plain 8x perfect lance with a cert from DR. The end result is that both the flare and script slot are filled -- you get regular elemental flares in the flare spot, and the double flares (for fire it shoots some sort of burning orbs) that are part of the greater elemental flares. They flare independently of each other and can flare simultaneously.

well that's handy. i only saw the initial part with GM who made it and i thought they said it had to already have a base elemental flare, and the greater flare token would key off that to add the greater. good to know.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

So I think there's two different types of service being discussed at once here

1)Greater Elemental Flare Cert from HESS - this will add them to any eligible weapon, whether or not it has elemental flares to begin with
    2)Greater Flare Token for EG - this will only add them to an existing elemental flaring weapon (Kind of like how rot tokens from EG were way more limited than a HESS rot cert - http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...t-flares/page2)

I think the greater limitation with the tokens is due to the automated nature of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    well that's handy. i only saw the initial part with GM who made it and i thought they said it had to already have a base elemental flare, and the greater flare token would key off that to add the greater. good to know.
    When I added mine the GMs were definitely confused among themselves. The one who handled the cert said that technically the weapon must already have a flare, but in the same sentence said they'd do it anyway (and I have the logs for this interaction). I looked but I couldn't find the post I swore I saw from Wyrom saying that the HESS cert didn't require that though. If the certs come up again I'd insist on a (another?) definitive statement from the ghoul-man himself before buying one.
    Last edited by Merzbow; 01-22-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Blog Entries

I got GEF added to a plain runestaff through HESS.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.