Page 55 of 240 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Democrat primary debates

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    For real. One of the most expensive senate races in history, Beto outspent Cruz by nearly 2 to 1, and Ted Cruz is one of the most unpopular people in the Senate and Beto STILL lost. But I'm sure he'll do just great against Trump
    Beto did better nationwide than Cruz did. If they were running for President against each other, where that would matter, Beto would probably win.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

For real. One of the most expensive senate races in history, Beto outspent Cruz by nearly 2 to 1, and Ted Cruz is one of the most unpopular people in the Senate and Beto STILL lost. But I'm sure he'll do just great against Trump
    I love seeing the huge field of democrapic candidates for president. Democrap's loyalties will be split up so much and the bitterness of each candidate's fans as they drop out of contention is great for Trump. There will be a huge number of bitter democraps by the time they get their candidate that I think there's little chance of being able to consolidate that support, especially if the candidate ends up being someone like Joe Biden, the antithesis of who most democraps want as a rich old white male, even though he probably has the best chance of peeling away those moderate independents that voted for Trump in 2016. When you factor in the huge lurch to the fringe left in the democrapic party, it looks like Trump in a landslide in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Beto did better nationwide than Cruz did. If they were running for President against each other, where that would matter, Beto would probably win.
    I don't know about that. Beto would do really well in states that are going to vote for a Democrat anyways, such as California and NY, but I don't see him doing well in states such as WI, FL, or even MI.

People voted nationwide on Beto vs Cruz?

Blog Entries

I don't know about that. Beto would do really well in states that are going to vote for a Democrat anyways, such as California and NY, but I don't see him doing well in states such as WI, FL, or even MI.
    I'm saying this based on the Senate campaign that was run. Cruz didn't give a fuck about nationwide exposure, but Betoi was nutting all over himself about it. Almost like he cared more about that than actually winning. Maybe he always envisioned it as a launch pad to President. I still don't envision him getting the nom though, he is as fake as Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    People voted nationwide on Beto vs Cruz?
    I didn't say that anywhere?
    Last edited by Gelston; 03-14-2019 at 08:32 AM.

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I honestly can't tell if that is a guy or a lesbo.

I honestly can't tell if that is a guy or a lesbo.
    Racist.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    I love seeing the huge field of democrapic candidates for president. Democrap's loyalties will be split up so much and the bitterness of each candidate's fans as they drop out of contention is great for Trump. There will be a huge number of bitter democraps by the time they get their candidate that I think there's little chance of being able to consolidate that support, especially if the candidate ends up being someone like Joe Biden, the antithesis of who most democraps want as a rich old white male, even though he probably has the best chance of peeling away those moderate independents that voted for Trump in 2016.
    Yup, this is typically why incumbents tend to do so well. While they can pretend to be above the mud slinging and back stabbing the other party is tearing itself apart because incumbents don't tend to have a real challenger in a primary, especially for the president. So the incumbent can focus all of their energy on the general election and start courting Independents right from the beginning, whereas Democrats have to first go as far left as they can to win the primary and then move more towards the center, this typically turns some Independents off and gives the incumbent some fodder to quote some of the more insane shit the other candidate said during the primary.

This is partly why establishment Democrats were so pissed at Bernie Sanders because had it not been for him Hillary Clinton would have basically been in an incumbent's shoes. But even though they were the only two real candidates and they were much more cordial than primary opponents tend to be, Hillary Clinton STILL wound up losing to a Republican who had to out-Republican 15 other candidates.

The 2020 election should be interesting. It's still by no means a sure bet for Trump, especially with the media dropping all pretenses and openly acting like the Democrat's propaganda arm and riling up left wing voters to get them to show up on election day. At this moment I think Trump is in a very good position, but a lot can change in 1.5 years.

I didn't say that anywhere?
    You said he did better nationwide. Why do you say that? What metric are you using?