Page 61 of 240 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Democrat primary debates

Beto O'Rourke said Friday night that he had been wrong for joking at several events in his first two days campaigning in Iowa that his wife has been raising their three children "sometimes with my help."

The former congressman from Texas, who launched his bid for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination Thursday, addressed the remarks during a recording of the podcast Political Party LIVE! in Cedar Rapids. The comments triggered complaints from Democratic operatives and activists, many of them women, that female candidates could never similarly joke about their roles raising their children.

"Not only will I not say that again, but I'll be more thoughtful going forward in the way that I talk about our marriage, and also the way in which I acknowledge the truth of the criticism that I have enjoyed white privilege," he said.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/15/polit...ege/index.html

Wait.. he had to apologize for that "joke"?

Jesus.. can you be a bigger beta male? WTF are you going to do in the Oval Office if you get elected??

I'll be calling that marshmallow "Beta O'Rourke" from this day forward.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Beto O'Rourke said Friday night that he had been wrong for joking at several events in his first two days campaigning in Iowa that his wife has been raising their three children "sometimes with my help."

The former congressman from Texas, who launched his bid for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination Thursday, addressed the remarks during a recording of the podcast Political Party LIVE! in Cedar Rapids. The comments triggered complaints from Democratic operatives and activists, many of them women, that female candidates could never similarly joke about their roles raising their children.

"Not only will I not say that again, but I'll be more thoughtful going forward in the way that I talk about our marriage, and also the way in which I acknowledge the truth of the criticism that I have enjoyed white privilege," he said.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/15/polit...ege/index.html

Wait.. he had to apologize for that "joke"?

Jesus.. can you be a bigger beta male? WTF are you going to do in the Oval Office if you get elected??

I'll be calling that marshmallow "Beta O'Rourke" from this day forward.
    He's easily one of the most pathetic so called men I've seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    He's easily one of the most pathetic so called men I've seen in a while.
    I literally didn't think anyone could be a bigger beta than Cory Booker.. but here we are.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

4. Default

Beto is such an empty fucking suit it's just wild. The Dems are trying to close their eyes and believe really hard and turn him into white Obama but lol. Like him or not (on this board, not), Obama is one of the singular talents of campaigning of the last 30 years. People keep going on about how Beto is handsome and charismatic. He has no charisma and the bar for politicians is so fucking low I guess he DOES qualify as handsome by not being obese or 70 years old.

It's also great how they want to tout that he beat Maple Grandpa Bernie "Bernard" Sanders at fundraising yet suspiciously do not want to say how many donors they did it with. Lol. He is the corporate money Dem candidate and will hide it until the mandatory FEC filing on 4/5 by which point he can hope (and probably be right) that the voting base won't notice or care.

edit: I first thought Beto was Jeb! but he may be more of the Rubio. I can't wait for someone to wreck him in debates.
    Last edited by audioserf; 03-18-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Beto is such an empty fucking suit it's just wild. The Dems are trying to close their eyes and believe really hard and turn him into white Obama but lol. Like him or not (on this board, not), Obama is one of the singular talents of campaigning of the last 30 years. People keep going on about how Beto is handsome and charismatic. He has no charisma and the bar for politicians is so fucking low I guess he DOES qualify as handsome by not being obese or 70 years old.

It's also great how they want to tout that he beat Maple Grandpa Bernie "Bernard" Sanders at fundraising yet suspiciously do not want to say how many donors they did it with. Lol. He is the corporate money Dem candidate and will hide it until the mandatory FEC filing on 4/5 by which point he can hope (and probably be right) that the voting base won't notice or care.

edit: I first thought Beto was Jeb! but he may be more of the Rubio. I can't wait for someone to wreck him in debates.
    At least Obama seemed genuine. I didn't like what he proposed, but he wasn't skateboarding and live streaming his root canal to appeal to the younger crowd.

Also the biggest difference between Obama and Beto is Obama actually won his senate race.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-18-2019 at 06:36 PM.

To be honest.. if you actually paid attention.. Obama was pretty much an empty suit, but at least he had charisma that people wanted to be around. I just don't see this with Beta.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

7. Default

for someone with no charisma, as you say, he certainly knows how to raise a ton of fucking money

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    for someone with no charisma, as you say, he certainly knows how to raise a ton of fucking money
    He does do well with it but probably not as well as they want us to think he does. Helps to be friends with the oil and gas industry, too

Dude doesn’t have a fucking platform

Just shows up and climbs on a table and starts giving vague platitudes

He does do well with it but probably not as well as they want us to think he does. Helps to be friends with the oil and gas industry, too

Dude doesn’t have a fucking platform

Just shows up and climbs on a table and starts giving vague platitudes
    Now now, he's already come out in support of third trimester abortions. He's got the far left vote in the bag. All he needs to do now is come out in favor of post birth abortions and he's a shoe in for the nomination.

Blog Entries

Beto is a flip-flopper. Most politicians are, but I mean, this guy changes his opinions a lot faster.

Joe Biden is the only one, so far, that polls well against Trump, although Bernie Sanders polls higher than Biden for taking the Dem Nom. Something to note, Biden also hasn't officially put his name in. I think he will though.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam