Page 179 of 240 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2396

Thread: 2020 Democrat primary debates

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    They had a robot named Polly that is an expert in politics watch the debate. It said Buttigieg would be the most likely to beat Trump.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...-to-beat-trump
    Reality check:

Trump is going to win the 2020 election. Likely it will be with the same electoral distribution and count as the 2016 election. He might lose the popular vote by a bit more than in 2016, but of course that doesn't mean anything.

Some liberals will have a massive breakdown once the election outcome is certain. I plan to spend the day after the election watching the whining/screaming/protests/riots.

Require Voter ID and proof of citizenship to register and I bet you see that popular vote win disappear.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

Me watching the Democrats actively avoiding the word millionaire:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    Reality check:

Trump is going to win the 2020 election. Likely it will be with the same electoral distribution and count as the 2016 election. He might lose the popular vote by a bit more than in 2016, but of course that doesn't mean anything.

I'm not letting you take all the fun out of 2020. Just yesterday, I was reading about a new political forecaster who called the 2018 midterms better than anybody else. She says the old models no longer work. Read it and see how suspenseful and exciting 2020 will be.

Bitecofer’s theory, when you boil it down, is that modern American elections are rarely shaped by voters changing their minds, but rather by shifts in who decides to vote in the first place. To her critics, she’s an extreme apostle of the old saw that “turnout explains everything,” taking a long victory lap after getting lucky one time. She sees things slightly differently: That the last few elections show that American politics really has changed, and other experts have been slow to process what it means.

More...
    The classic view is that the pool of American voters is basically fixed: About 55 percent of eligible voters are likely to go to the polls, and the winner is determined by the 15 percent or so of “swing voters” who flit between the parties. So a general election campaign amounts to a long effort to pull those voters in to your side.

Bitecofer has a nickname for this view. She calls it, with disdain, the “Chuck Todd theory of American politics”: “The idea that there is this informed, engaged American population that is watching these political events and watching their elected leaders and assessing their behavior and making a judgment.”

“And it is just not true.”
    The winner will, in her opinion, be the one who most angers and scares people about the other candidate and who most suppresses and discourages the other candidate's voters.

Bitecofer already sees the Trump playbook coming together for 2020: warning of a demographic takeover by nonwhites in order to boost turnout among noncollege white voters, and trying to sow chaos in the Democratic ranks so that supporters of a losing primary candidate either stay home or support a third-party candidate.

Unlike forecasters like FiveThirtyEight’s Nate Silver, who believe that candidates seen as too ideologically extreme pay a political cost, Bitecofer doesn’t see much of a downside to a candidate like Bernie Sanders. But she doesn’t see much of an upside either, since ideology isn’t as big a motivator as identity, and since Sanders did not in fact bring hordes of new voters to the polls in 2016. (Overall turnout in the 2016 primaries was down compared with 2008, when Barack Obama led a surge in the youth vote. In 2016, Sanders just did remarkably well among the young as Clinton tanked.) There is some risk to nominating Joe Biden, who could be seen as a candidate of the status quo against a disrupter like Trump, but either way, the key will be to do their version of what Trump does to them every day: make the prospect of four more years of Republican rule seem like a threat to the Republic, one that could risk everything Democratic-leaning voters hold dear.
    She says a Democrat will win the White House, Democrats will gain seats in the House, and Democrats have a good chance of retaking the Senate.

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/stat...562752513?s=20

This is a video of a Democratic voter asking Biden a question.

A young woman asks Biden "How do you explain the performance in Iowa and why should the voters believe that you can win a national election?"

Biden's response: "You ever been to a caucus?"

Woman says yes.

Biden: "No you haven’t. You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier."

And Democrats have the nerve to say Trump is a bully. How does this man have any support left at all? Oh that's right, the media has sold their souls to the DNC so they cover up shit like this so it never sees the light of day.

In response to ClydeR's post...

Seems plausible. Shit, anything if fucking plausible since Trump won in 2016.

I predict democrats take both the house and senate. At this point I don't know how the presidency will go. I'm going to predict democrat but honestly I can see it going to Trump again.

I blame the relentless right wing propaganda machine flooding the zone with shit so its harder to figure out whats true and whats stretched or outright fabrications.

Blog Entries

I predict democrats take both the house and senate.

This ended any chance of that happening.

Now Democrats are trying to strong arm social media sites into taking down meme's of Nancy tearing up the speech. Both Facebook and Twitter have told them to take a hike.

Not even twitter can carry democrat water anymore.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    This ended any chance of that happening.
    Rofl. Boo-hoo. She tore a piece of paper. It was a speech full of lies. It deserved to be burned. Meanwhile Trump and the republicans may as well be wiping their asses with the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Rofl. Boo-hoo. She tore a piece of paper. It was a speech full of lies. It deserved to be burned. Meanwhile Trump and the republicans may as well be wiping their asses with the constitution.
    All those brave real Americans (unlike fake Americans such as yourself) being honored at the SOTU sure are full of lies.

Again your "news" feed is literally DNC talking points and Share Blue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I simply offer my opinion of how the public will/has perceived this.

I honestly believe this past week is the worst week I have ever seen for the democrats in my lifetime. I have to think back to Carter to even come close to the democrats being this far in the hole and Carter wasn't a bad guy, the economy just sucked.

(Iran hostage thing was going on as well) ~ Edited for honesty.

Democrats are going to lose big.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 02-09-2020 at 08:29 PM.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984