Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The 28th Amendment - Trayvon's Amendment

Blog Entries

Default The 28th Amendment - Trayvon's Amendment

http://www.trayvonsamendment.com/the-28th-amendment/

Not sure if it's satire, but we need another gun argument in the political folder.

1) The second amendment of the Constitution of the United States, being no longer necessary to a secure state is hereby nullified.

2) The production and sale of new firearms, being defined as a rifle, pistol, or other gun, will be disallowed until a time in which the number of firearms in circulation is equal to 50% of the population as determined by the Census.

3) No gun may reside in the same building as anyone who has failed a mental health evaluation, as performed by a medical professional, as approved by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare).

4) A mental health examination, as performed by a medical professional approved by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) must be passed in order to receive a firearms license.

5) An income tax equal to 4% of an individual’s income will be assessed by all gun owners. In states which were at any point in time a part of the Confederate States of America, this tax shall be equal to 10% of an individual’s income. Taxes levied under this amendment shall be appropriated in equal portions to programs to expand Affirmative Action programs and begin to pay reparations to the descendants of African slaves.

6) Any person making the choice to own a firearm must carry $250,000 worth of liability insurance for each weapon owned. This insurance must be provided by a publicly owned insurance company to be established.

7) All firearms must be retrofitted with both a global positioning transmitter as well as a fingerprint activated locking mechanism. Failure to comply with this provision will result in a fine, prison time, and forfeiture of the privilege of firearm ownership.

8) The National Rifle Association, Michigan Militia, and other “gun rights” groups shall be considered terrorist operations.

9) United States Marshals will be randomly placed at various “sporting venues,” where a firearm could be otherwise legally discharged. This could include publicly or privately owned venues where the following (but not limited to) take place: hunting areas, shooting ranges.

10) In a calendar year, no person may buy more than 100 rounds of ammunition.

11) Assault rifles, semi-automatic, and automatic weapons, as well as those not fitted with GPS and trigger locking devices will be immediately seized by the government. The owner will be compensated fair market value of the weapon, minus the cost of the seizure operation.

12) President Obama will establish a Secretary of Firearm management. This office will have final say over future gun regulation to prevent against rampant innovation that was not forseen by the second amendment.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

The admin of the site in the comments section says he is serious. I doubt anyone would take this serious, and even if it somehow came up to a vote, I doubt it would ever get 3/4ths of States to ratify. I can think of 11 states, right now, that would refuse to ratify based just on the proposal penalizing residents of said states, two more states added to that and that makes 3/4ths impossible.
    Last edited by Gelston; 11-19-2013 at 08:12 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I'm offended by this person's grammar. The abruptness of points (5) and (8) is well noted.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

I'm ok with number 4 on this list, that's it.

But I'm against requiring a license to own a firearm.

So...basically...if you want to voluntarily submit to a psych eval in order to obtain a license you don't actually need, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thondalar View Post
    But I'm against requiring a license to own a firearm.
    What about a license to use a firearm? I think you can own a car without a driver's license, seems like the same principle.

Obviously, the application would cost 2.5x more in states of the former Confederacy.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Blog Entries

I'm for licenses on certain firearms, such as fully automatics. I don't think the average US citizen needs a weapon with 3 round burst or a working M249.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I wouldn't mind registering them, paying some kind of fee for using them, and carrying liability insurance.

The only thing of that list I don't already do now, is register them. I consider my waterfowl stamps, and other hunting license like activities like paying a fee. I carry a liability umbrella policy for liability already. So if it doesn't have a clause about guns adding one wouldn't be terribly difficult I imagine.
    Chris

8. Default

I'd like to shoot him in the face with one of my 27 firearms.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    What about a license to use a firearm? I think you can own a car without a driver's license, seems like the same principle.
    Driving a car isn't a right, owning a firearm is. If we do not require a license to exercise our first amendment right, why should we for our second?

Obviously, the application would cost 2.5x more in states of the former Confederacy.
    I wonder if this person would be ok with a grocery store charging black people 25 cents more per pound for chicken than white people. I'd bet not. The principle here is that you do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. It seems like discrimination is completely acceptable, as long as it's against something you (generic) don't agree with. I've touched on this a few times in the past, and it's one of the things I wish people would be a bit more objective about. I'm sure many would argue that it's naïve at best to say right is always right and wrong is always wrong, but I really don't think so. Making the rules different for different people...granting conditions where something is acceptable when it normally wouldn't be...over time, these things get worse and worse...we twist a little more, a little more...

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheet View Post
    I wouldn't mind registering them, paying some kind of fee for using them, and carrying liability insurance.

The only thing of that list I don't already do now, is register them. I consider my waterfowl stamps, and other hunting license like activities like paying a fee. I carry a liability umbrella policy for liability already. So if it doesn't have a clause about guns adding one wouldn't be terribly difficult I imagine.
    This effectively becomes a tax on the poor. If we can't do it for voting, we can't do it for guns.