Page 44 of 240 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Democrat primary debates

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Honestly, I always felt there should be "free" childcare. People who receive should have to perform Government appointed jobs to get that check, which would include free childcare for other low income families. They wouldn't be forced to do the job, of course, they just wouldn't get the welfare anymore.
    My issue with it is there is no cap on the number of children you have to get it for free and that they are going to pay for it by another "wealth tax", which in reality, won't cover even a small portion of it. So it'll turn into another program that is paid by the government.

It's as if the left is purposely trying to bankrupt the country.. so it could fail and have to be remade into something they want.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    My issue with it is there is no cap on the number of children you have to get it for free and that they are going to pay for it by another "wealth tax", which in reality, won't cover even a small portion of it. So it'll turn into another program that is paid by the government.

It's as if the left is purposely trying to bankrupt the country.. so it could fail and have to be remade into something they want.
    The people are being paid regardless, they already are. This puts them to work.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Something else I'd like brought back, the great public works we used to create, like the Hoover Dam and all that. We have tons of shitty bridges and roadways that need fixed. People will have a job fixing the infrastructure, and they'll get training and work experience out of it.

The people are being paid regardless, they already are. This puts them to work.
    I'm not sure what you are talking about. You aren't talking about Warren's plan, are you? Because it's 200% above poverty level = free childcare for as many kids as you have... no strings attached. Just stay below the $51,500 threshold.

Sounds like another "I can't work more than 17 hours a week because if I do, I will lose my free childcare" type of programs.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure what you are talking about. You aren't talking about Warren's plan, are you? Because it's 200% above poverty level = free childcare for as many kids as you have... no strings attached. Just stay below the $51,500 threshold.

Sounds like another "I can't work more than 17 hours a week because if I do, I will lose my free childcare" type of programs.
    No, I'm not talking about Warren's plan. I'm talking about mine, where I said I think Welfare recipients should have Government appointed jobs if they want to get their welfare check.

The people that receive the free childcare are low-income families. Not other people on Welfare.

None of this has anything to do with the number of children a person has.
    Last edited by Gelston; 02-19-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Blog Entries

JUST so I get the chain of events correctly.... it was:

INDEPENDENT BERNIE! to Democrat Candidate Bernie to (after he lost) INDEPENDENT BERNIE!!! to now Democrat Candidate Bernie?

He's destroyed any authenticity he used to pretend he had..
    You can't run as an Independent and expect to win anything, they get under 5% of the vote on the regular (and are a grab bag of fringe loonies). You have to run as a D or R to have a chance in the US. I don't think there's anything dishonest about it.
    Last edited by Taernath; 02-19-2019 at 09:18 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You can't run as an Independent and expect to win anything, they get under 5% of the vote on the regular (and are a grab bag of fringe loonies). You have to run as a D or R to have a chance in the US. I don't think there's anything dishonest about it.
    There's nothing dishonest about "I'm running as a Democrat but I'm not really a Democrat I'm actually a fringe loonie?"
    Last edited by Wrathbringer; 02-19-2019 at 09:21 AM.

No, I'm not talking about Warren's plan. I'm talking about mine, where I said I think Welfare recipients should have Government appointed jobs if they want to get their welfare check.

The people that receive the free childcare are low-income families. Not other people on Welfare.

None of this has anything to do with the number of children a person has.
    You get welfare. Should you have a government appointed job to get your welfare check?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    There's nothing dishonest about "I'm running as a Democrat but I'm not really a Democrat I'm actually a fringe loonie?"
    His positions are a lot closer to mainstream liberals than someone like Stein. She wanted to shut down nuclear power, nationalize the Federal Reserve, and believes wi-fi causes health problems. Also slavery reparations. Remember that he got ~43% of the vote in his primary.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    His positions are a lot closer to mainstream liberals than someone like Stein. She wanted to shut down nuclear power, nationalize the Federal Reserve, and believes wi-fi causes health problems. Also slavery reparations. Remember that he got ~43% of the vote in his primary.
    You just said that independents are fringe loonies. Now you're saying that his positions aren't far from mainstream liberals (democrats). I agree with you: Mainstream liberals aren't far from fringe loonies.