Page 42 of 240 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Democrat primary debates

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    They had an affair 10 years before she ran for public office, 10 years after Brown separated from his wife, and she was appointed to the CA Medical Assistance Commission. If you want to call that sleeping your way to the top, she took a long and convoluted road. Attacking her on that point just makes you (general you) look pathetic.
    But she was given government jobs from Brown long before she ran for political office. He also claims to have helped her political career, that part is harder to prove other than just his word of course, but getting government jobs certainly helped her political career so she could campaign on having a government background.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    She slept her way to the DA position, which propelled her to where she is now. I don't think she'd have been elected AG if she didn't have that DA job. I don't think she'd have been elected to the Senate if she had never been elected to AG. See how it works?
    The DA is an elected position. How do you sleep your way to an elected position?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

The DA is an elected position. How do you sleep your way to an elected position?
    Sorry, Deputy DA, and two state commissions, and the assistance with her campaign. He was a big name in SF back then.
    Last edited by Gelston; 02-10-2019 at 06:47 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Sorry, Deputy DA, and two state commissions, and the assistance with her campaign. He was a big name in SF back then.
    She was a Deputy DA before her relationship with Brown. The commissions she was appointed to during that time period were mid-level state boards, the one I mentioned above is the only one I could find info of Brown directly appointing her. That's not "the top" in any case and I doubt it's anything resembling a clear path to DA (which she ran for, 8 years after her relationship with Brown). Everything she's done for the past 25ish years seems to be through her own means.

You can try attacking her over it, other people certainly have, but it's a bad look.
    Last edited by Taernath; 02-10-2019 at 07:12 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

She was a Deputy DA before her relationship with Brown. The commissions she was appointed to during that time period were mid-level state boards, the one I mentioned above is the only one I could find info of Brown directly appointing her. That's not "the top" in any case and I doubt it's anything resembling a clear path to DA (which she ran for, 8 years after her relationship with Brown). Everything she's done for the past 25ish years seems to be through her own means.

You can try attacking her over it, other people certainly have, but it's a bad look.
    I don't have to try attacking anyone. I've already withdrawn my candidacy for President for 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Schultz is sub-Jeb! level tbh. Nobody fucking likes him. You cannot run for POTUS on a 'Won't Someone Please Think Of The Poor Billionaires?' platform, fuck outta here

The Mattering Forcefield only applies to Trump and shit like Klobuchar being abusive, if confirmed, could be a serious problem for her

Warren has fucked up but as of now I don't think it's significant enough to tank her

Tulsi Gabbard has already almost entirely dropped out of the news except for being endorsed by the Klan lmao
    Warren is a total joke. Her image should be posted on the "try-hard" page on urban dictionary.

Democrats haven't put forth any exceptional candidates. I like Harris, but she better choose someone like Beto or Biden. She hasn't been vocal enough on Trump.

Blog Entries

That would be a funny legacy for Biden, longest serving VP in history.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Warren is a total joke. Her image should be posted on the "try-hard" page on urban dictionary.

Democrats haven't put forth any exceptional candidates. I like Harris, but she better choose someone like Beto or Biden. She hasn't been vocal enough on Trump.
    Beto? Come on, dude.

That would be a funny legacy for Biden, longest serving VP in history.
    He would make double history; first white man vice president to the first black president and first white man vice president to the first woman president.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 02-10-2019 at 07:30 PM.

https://insider.foxnews.com/2019/01/...d-career-metoo

Tomi Lahren offered her "Final Thoughts" Tuesday on Fox Nation in regard to California Democratic senator and newly-minted presidential candidate Kamala Harris.

Lahren said former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown, 84, revealed he had an extramarital affair with Harris, 54, over two decades ago.
    "I may have influenced her career by appointing her to two state commissions when I was [state] Assembly speaker," Brown wrote.

"Kamala," Lahren said. "Given you're an avowed and proud supporter of the #MeToo movement, what are your thoughts on someone using an extramarital affair for boosting their political career?"

"Kamala was 30 years younger than Brown when he appointed her to [two plum] posts," Lahren said. "He then used his money, connections and clout to help girlfriend Kamala with her D.A. run. Well, isn't that something?"
    Tomi Lahren is shaping up to be a cross between Bill O'Rielly and Megan Kelly.
    Last edited by Back; 02-10-2019 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Wrong Megan.