Page 96 of 240 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Democrat primary debates

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Where would you take it from?

It would appear that in 2018 the spend was ~220 billion (I can't tell if this is planned or actual... if it's planned, actual spending was higher), serving about 9M veterans, but lets bump that up to the total number of veterans of 18 million. So for an annual cost per veteran at 12K and change, we cover things like healthcare, funerals, education assistance, insurance, etc.

How much more should we spend per veteran? Keep in mind that the estimated total future pay of the above veterans is currently running at 2.5 trillion,

I don't disagree we can do better for our veterans, and I'm oversimplifying the problem by just using pure math as a cost per veteran. My point is the government could pour mountains of money at it, and still be crappy. Address the issues at the existing VA. We can't print money forever.
    The problem is that the government is in charge of the healthcare.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    It's 49% of discrentionary spending. It's also more than the next seven countries combined while coming up short on cyber security and taking care of veterans when they're home.
    I bet we pwn more than 7x as much as those countries combined though.

while coming up short on cyber security
    That's only because pk won't get off the couch.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    The problem is that the government is in charge of the healthcare.
    This is correct.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

What a shitshow this thing has become.

Biden has promised to cure cancer if he becomes president. No, this is real, he literally said he is going to cure cancer if he becomes president.

As if the massive hundreds of trillions of taxpayer dollars giveaways weren't enough, Democrats are now actually promising God like healing powers if you vote them into office.

To be fair to Biden though, I suppose the only way to top the ever increasing taxpayer giveaway is to in fact promise miracles.

How long before a Democrat presidential candidate promises no one will ever die again if they are elected president?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-11-2019 at 03:31 PM.

5. Default

You can bitch about a lot of stuff said by a lot of stupid people, but "I want to cure cancer" is probably a better tagline than "Murderous Mexican rapists are coming to kill and/or rape you.". It also at least promises a goal, unlike "Yes we can!!! (do something completely unspecified which turns out to be widespread NSA surveillance)".
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 06-11-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    You can bitch about a lot of stuff said by a lot of stupid people, but "I want to cure cancer" is probably a better tagline than "Murderous Mexican rapists are coming to kill and/or rape you.". It also at least promises a goal, unlike "Yes we can!!! (do something completely unspecified which turns out to be widespread NSA surveillance)".
    First off Trump didn't say anything remotely close to that. Stop being such a Democrat pretending to be a conservative.

Second promising he will cure cancer (read not WANT to cure cancer, but WILL cure cancer) if elected president is about the most dishonest, piece of shit move someone can make. At least Trump's promise to secure the border was a realistic promise. Promising to cure cancer by being elected president is so wrong I can't even wrap my head around how anyone can defend such a careless promise. It's like those faith healers you used to see on TV all of the time.

"Just send me 500 dollars and I'll cure your cancer!"

"Just give me your vote and I'll cure your cancer!"
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-11-2019 at 04:04 PM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    First off Trump didn't say anything remotely close to that. Stop being such a Democrat pretending to be a conservative.

Second promising he will cure cancer (read not WANT to cure cancer, but WILL cure cancer) if elected president is about the most dishonest, piece of shit move someone can make. At least Trump's promise to secure the border was a realistic promise. Promising to cure cancer by being elected president is so wrong I can't even wrap my head around how anyone can defend such a careless promise. It's like those faith healers you used to see on TV all of the time.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

“What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1db9b19ee7f1
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 06-11-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
    That was in a speech referring to illegal immigration. You have fallen for the liberal media spin, the same spin that said Trump referred to all immigrants as animals when he was specifically referring to MS-13 gang members as animals. Do better.

Enough of your dumb deflections already. Let's get back to how you're defending Biden for saying the cure to cancer that has eluded doctors and scientists for decades could all be finally solved if only we elected him as president! Faith healing is back! And it's coming to a White House near you!

9. Default

That was in a speech referring to illegal immigration. You have fallen for the liberal media spin, the same spin that said Trump referred to all immigrants as animals when he was specifically referring to MS-13 gang members as animals. Do better.

Enough of your dumb deflections already. Let's get back to how you're defending Biden for saying the cure to cancer that has eluded doctors and scientists for decades could all be finally solved if only we elected him as president! Faith healing is back! And it's coming to a White House near you!
    What media spin? It's a direct quote. Hence the quotation marks.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 06-11-2019 at 04:14 PM.

10. Default

So far Democrats are doing a pretty decent job of ensuring Trump's reelection in 2020.