Page 181 of 240 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2396

Thread: 2020 Democrat primary debates

Quote Originally Posted by Some Rogue View Post
    Good, because that would be creepy. I am just stating the fact since you all like to spout about fake news so much.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Blog Entries

Can't dispute it so deflect!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    So we have a broad base accusation without any factual support. First, what are the specifics of the lawsuit? Second, allowing coverage to be sold to those that chose to buy it without pre-existing condition coverage does not constitute invalidating all preexisting conditions, it constitutes allowing choice. For example, thanks to the ACA, I, a 50 yr old male am forced to pay for coverage that includes coverage for pap smears and pregnancy. Neither of which I will ever make use of even if I lost my mind and decided to get a sex change.

Overturning the ACA does not constitute removal of protection for preexisting conditions. It is entirely possible to have them protected without the ACA.

Next supposed lie.
    Factual support is evident from the Trump adminsitration's efforts to repeal the ACA. The ACA is what protects everyone with pre-existing conditions. Take away the ACA, take away the protection for everyone with pre-existing conditions. So far there is nothing they are offering in place of that.

Yes, we could figure out some other way to protect people other than the ACA, but Trump and his administration has not offered anything to do it.

Therefore when he says "I've also made an ironclad pledge to American families: We will always protect patients with pre-existing conditions" its a flat out bald faced lie.

Please show us where he has done anything to protect people with pre-existing conditions.

Can't dispute it so deflect!
    I'm doing just fine thanks for asking.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Please show us where he has done anything to protect people with pre-existing conditions.
    Google, did the American Healthcare Act cover pre-existing conditions?

"The American Health Care Act reaffirms the commitment from House Republicans to ensure Americans with pre-existing conditions are protected. ... Insurance companies are banned from rescinding coverage based on a pre-existing condition. Period."

I would imagine it's not easy putting together a national health insurance plan that doesn't increase prices, take away doctor choice and punish poor people for choosing between health insurance and putting food on the table.

It's obvious that the Democrats were unable to pull it off by creating a law that basically bailed out insurance companies.

So, anyhow. You're lying when you say Republicans have done nothing.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Google, did the American Healthcare Act cover pre-existing conditions?

"The American Health Care Act reaffirms the commitment from House Republicans to ensure Americans with pre-existing conditions are protected. ... Insurance companies are banned from rescinding coverage based on a pre-existing condition. Period."

I would imagine it's not easy putting together a national health insurance plan that doesn't increase prices, take away doctor choice and punish poor people for choosing between health insurance and putting food on the table.

It's obvious that the Democrats were unable to pull it off by creating a law that basically bailed out insurance companies.

So, anyhow. You're lying when you say Republicans have done nothing.
    Not exactly and it has not even passed the Senate.

MacArthur Amendment
    In April 2017, House Republicans tried to reconcile their divisions with the proposed MacArthur Amendment. The MacArthur Amendment, developed by Representative Tom MacArthur of the Tuesday Group (representing more moderate Republicans) and Representative Mark Meadows of the House Freedom Caucus (representing the hard-line right).[90][91][92] The language of the proposed amendment became available on April 25, 2017.[93] The amendment allows insurers to charge enrollees in their 50s and early 60s more than younger enrollees. It also allows states to waive essential health benefits and certain sections of the community rating program. As revised by the MacArthur Amendment, the ACHA weakens protections for patients with preexisting conditions; under this version of the bill, insurers would be able to charge people significantly more if they had a pre-existing condition.[94]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I'm doing just fine thanks for asking.

Looks like a butthurt snowflake got triggered.

Blog Entries

Not exactly and it has not even passed the Senate.
    So it does cover pre-existing conditions and something is indeed being done?

To me it seems absurd to be talking about health insurance instead of government healthcare facilities. Of course that would leave multi-billion dollar insurance companies out of the equation and the beholden political class would leave their donors with empty pockets.

We could start funding it by using the tax dollars we are sending the Ukraine so they can kill people none of us have ever met.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 02-10-2020 at 09:17 AM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Looks like a butthurt snowflake got triggered.
    You calling anyone a troll is the really funny thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    https://twitter.com/tomselliott/stat...562752513?s=20

This is a video of a Democratic voter asking Biden a question.

A young woman asks Biden "How do you explain the performance in Iowa and why should the voters believe that you can win a national election?"

Biden's response: "You ever been to a caucus?"

Woman says yes.

Biden: "No you haven’t. You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier."

And Democrats have the nerve to say Trump is a bully. How does this man have any support left at all? Oh that's right, the media has sold their souls to the DNC so they cover up shit like this so it never sees the light of day.
    Sometimes I wonder if Biden is only in this because he feels like he has to be, but doesn't actually want to be president, but doesn't want to hear crying about him dropping out of the race.

But then I remember it's Biden, and it still doesn't make any more sense.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-10-2020 at 11:35 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible