Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Union 2019

I was surprised Trump said Congress should stop investigating him in the SOTU. Has any other President ever used the SOTU as an occasion to call for a stop to investigations? Not since Nixon did it in his last SOTU in 1974.

I would like to add a personal word with regard to an issue that has been of great concern to all Americans over the past year. I refer, of course, to the investigations of the so-called Watergate affair. As you know, I have provided to the Special Prosecutor voluntarily a great deal of material. I believe that I have provided all the material that he needs to conclude his investigations and to proceed to prosecute the guilty and to clear the innocent.

I believe the time has come to bring that investigation and the other investigations of this matter to an end. One year of Watergate is enough.

More...

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    I was surprised Trump said Congress should stop investigating him in the SOTU. Has any other President ever used the SOTU as an occasion to call for a stop to investigations? Not since Nixon did it in his last SOTU in 1974.
    Shaddap!

Nixon said something similar. He resigned 8 months later.

4. Default

Did he actually?? What a pathetic loser

The race is on to see who locks Trump and his spawn up first, Mueller or SDNY.

Pelosi just silenced murmuring by Democrats with a raised hand. She is having a good time, all smiles and smirks. Pence, meanwhile, is wearing his usual concerned and sedated expression.

Nancy just couldn't give a single shit about the Angel family whose parents were brutally murdered by illegal aliens could she? Gotta read that paper she's been reading all night!

And Ocasio-Cortez doesn't give a shit that women were rescued from sex traffickers and the traffickers put in jail. Why do Democrats hate women and this country so much? Androidpk, can you answer that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    And Ocasio-Cortez doesn't give a shit that women were rescued from sex traffickers and the traffickers put in jail. Why do Democrats hate women and this country so much? Androidpk, can you answer that?
    Hey let's talk about how the WAPO is fake news yet you continually link it despite denigrating it?

I like Trump's part of the speech on the holocaust survivors.
    Except when he said "The train squeeched to a stop" He needs to work on his English.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

10 year old girl with brain cancer shows more class and dignity than 99% of the Democrats there. Sad!