Thread: Chris Christie's Turn to Write a Tell-All

Unhappy Chris Christie's Turn to Write a Tell-All

You know what bothers me about former Trump officials? It's that they don't realize how much loyalty and admiration Trump inspires in those around him. If they realized that, they wouldn't be resigning all the time and writing tell-all books.

Chris Christie, who was ousted as chairman of Donald Trump’s White House transition team in 2016, has written a blistering attack on Jared Kushner, whom he accuses of having carried out a political “hit job” on him as an act of revenge for prosecuting his father, Charles Kushner, a decade ago.

More...
    Even for a White House that has generated an extraordinary cornucopia of hypercritical kiss-and-tell books, Christie’s is exceptional for its excoriating description of events at which he was present. As he points out in Let Me Finish, a copy of which has been obtained by the Guardian ahead of publication on 29 January, none of the other authors “has known Trump for as long or as well as I have – or was right there in the room when much of this occurred”.
    Let Me Finish bears all the hallmarks of classic, brash Chris Christie. Its language is blunt, caustic and at times self-satisfied, much like his political reputation.

It has its lighter moments. At his first meeting with Trump in 2002, at a dinner in the Trump International Hotel and Tower, in New York, Trump ordered his food for him. He chose scallops, to which Christie is allergic, and lamb which he has always detested. Christie recalls wondering whether Trump took him to be “one of his chicks”.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

2. Default

I miss Chris Christie. He was good for New Jersey. He got buried in the national press for hating teachers, but New Jersey is one of the very few places where the Teacher's union is far too strong. They're a giant, out of control bully both internally and externally. Power dynamic has swung too far in their direction. Chris Christie spent his time as Governor fighting them.