Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does the buck stop?

Blog Entries

I'm sure he wants ICE to be defunded and disbanded because people on the TV said so.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Two years and it did not get done now you want to blame democrats. Democrats had border security funding in the bill they presented to keep the gov open but were turned down.

Trump said Mexico would pay for it. Now he wants taxpayers to pay for it. Trump said he would take the blame for shutting down the gov. Now he blames the democrats.

Trump is a total and complete joke. Nothing that comes out of his mouth is true.
    Shut up Gaylord Focker.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    They’ve been taken over by a group of young people who, frankly, in some cases — I’ve been watching — I actually think they’re crazy
    Can’t imagine why.

[Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

The whole wall idea is such a colossal waste of taxpayer money. This has less to do with some fictional emergency and everything to do with Trump's ego. Thats all you're supporting... a monument to Trump, a lying con-artist from NY.
    Was this also the case when Democrats were talking about building a wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Serious question: Do you support an open border policy?
    Serious answer: Not at this time.

Not everyone who does not want a stupid wall wants to defund ICE or leave the borders wide open. This isn't so black and white. It isn't a "if you aren't with us, you're against us" situation, though I'm not surprised you would think so. And I'm not surprised to see that nonsense popping up on your "alt-media" sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Was this also the case when Democrats were talking about building a wall?
    Oh, you mean the fence they actually supported and got built? The one they said they would build and did?

Serious answer: Not at this time.

Not everyone who does not want a stupid wall wants to defund ICE or leave the borders wide open. This isn't so black and white. It isn't a "if you aren't with us, you're against us" situation, though I'm not surprised you would think so. And I'm not surprised to see that nonsense popping up on your "alt-media" sites.
    So, you've changed your opinion because you've posted here multiple times that you are for open borders.

Ok, so this week you aren't for open borders. So, you would like to be like every other country and control the flow of people coming across your border.

The most effective way, by all accounts from people who do this for a living.. is a physical barrier, ie a wall, a fence, a structure that stops people from just walking/running across.

So, why again are you against a wall?

Oh, you mean the fence they actually supported and got built? The one they said they would build and did?
    Dude, you really need to come up for air when you go head first into the kool-aid bowl.

SPOILER: They "got built" only a fraction of what it was supposed to be.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

Interesting, Trump might beable to tap into about 14 billion dollars set aside for Disaster Relief funds, paying for the USACE to build it.

Senator Graham is asking for Trump to go ahead and declare a National Emergency at the border.
    Last edited by Gelston; 01-10-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Aside from this part...

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    SPOILER: They "got built" only a fraction of what it was supposed to be.
    ...yes.

Since you "forgot" to answer the actual question, did you support that or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Interesting, Trump might beable to tap into about 14 billion dollars set aside for Disaster Relief funds, paying for the USACE to build it.

Senator Graham is asking for Trump to go ahead and declare a National Emergency at the border.
    I've read that declaring the emergency would end up causing delays and not working in the end because of judicial challenges that would be raised by the democraps. I've also read that congress would still have to approve funding or re-allocation of funds, and democraps would just refuse to fund it. Have you learned something else?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    I've read that declaring the emergency would end up causing delays and not working in the end because of judicial challenges that would be raised by the democraps. I've also read that congress would still have to approve funding or re-allocation of funds, and democraps would just refuse to fund it. Have you learned something else?
    It would get the Government back running. The problem with Judicial challenges, you can't just challenge it. You have to have standing to create a legitimate case. It is one of the big checks on the Judicial, they can't just go out and declare things Unconsitutional and what not.

It wouldn't be a reallocation of funds though, those funds were already allocated for disaster relief. By declaring the border a national emergency, Trump is in effect declaring the area a disaster.
    Last edited by Gelston; 01-11-2019 at 09:52 AM.