Thread: Easier Foraging Bounties

1. Default Easier Foraging Bounties

Does more Survival skill always make more easily completed Foraging bounties?

Is it actually possible to do them quickly at the level cap with just 1x Perception?
    Last edited by asking; 01-08-2019 at 09:13 PM.

This is from the Wiki
    https://gswiki.play.net/Foraging

Profession
    Profession Bonus
    Ranger, Empath +30
    Warrior +20
    Cleric, Monk +15
    Rogue, Paladin, Bard +10
    Wizard, Sorcerer 0

Positive factors
    Agility bonus / 2
    Intuition bonus / 5
    Survival ranks / 3
    Perception skill / 15
    +10 for kneeling
    +10 for Foraging (603), increases with Ranger Base ranks
    Assume Aspect (650), Aspect of the Yierka
    +1 for Light (205)
    +15 for dwarf in subterranean terrain
    Character level (unknown bonus)

Negative factors
    Injuries to hands and eyes (rank 1 hand scars do not confer a penalty)
    -10 for having only one hand open
    -2 for each herb recently foraged in the room (also adds +1 roundtime when finding an herb)

Non-affecting factors
    There is no penalty for foraging in a naturally dark room
    There is no penalty for foraging in a naturally foggy room
    There is no bonus for foraging in a naturally bright room
    There is no bonus from Presence (402)

Quote Originally Posted by asking View Post

Is it actually possible to do them quickly at the level cap with just 1x Perception?
    with 1x perception and ~20ish survival as a monk (so an "ok" class bonus) i basically still needed an open roll, or close to it (like roll 85+), most of the time. I could do them, but it would take a bit and could be annoying in swarming areas.

with 1x survival and 1x perception i need to roll more like, 50 or less for most things. I think once you get to 100 and max your core stuff picking up 1x of survival, perception (if not already), FA, trading to some degree (i did 40 ranks), and climb swim to 75+ just makes a lot of little things way, way less annoying and I recommend it.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

4. Default

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by asking View Post

When I was 1x survival/perception I had no issues with foraging bounties as a wizard. I've picked up another 101 perception since then but I don't really notice a big difference vs. 1x survival/1x perception.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    When I was 1x survival/perception I had no issues with foraging bounties as a wizard. I've picked up another 101 perception since then but I don't really notice a big difference vs. 1x survival/1x perception.
    I am 1x perception, I'm considering 1x survival so I can do alchemy easier (script will auto-forage) but it's so damn expensive in TPs as a wizard. You're super-post-cap though so whatever, but is 1x survival even remotely feasible for non or only slightly capped pures?
    Last edited by Merzbow; 01-10-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merzbow View Post
    I am 1x perception, I'm considering 1x survival so I can do alchemy easier (script will auto-forage) but it's so damn expensive in TPs as a wizard. You're super-post-cap though so whatever, but is 1x survival even remotely feasible for non or only slightly capped pures?
    I have no idea to be honest. Survival didn’t exist when I was still leveling up.

The good news is haste + air lore + no survival is probably still doable, you’ll just need higher rolls. It’s still annoying af without air lore though since Haste got that gigantic nerf a few years ago.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-10-2019 at 05:36 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Merzbow View Post
    I don't remember having problems completing alchemy with 1x perception, ~30 ranks survival, and 603 scrolls/items (which gets you the equivalent of 45 survival ranks for foraging purposes at cap).

My capped wizard has 101 perception ranks and 25 survival ranks. I never pass up on foraging bounties, even the Rift cursed herbs. Celerity(506) is your friend. While on the other hand my mid level sorcerer, 1x perception and 1x survival, is horrid at foraging bounties.

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    My capped wizard has 101 perception ranks and 25 survival ranks. I never pass up on foraging bounties, even the Rift cursed herbs. Celerity(506) is your friend. While on the other hand my mid level sorcerer, 1x perception and 1x survival, is horrid at foraging bounties.
    i don't know when it happens but it's like, one of those things where it makes no fucking difference how many ranks you have because you aren't getting passed the standard difficulty of the herbs, so you need to open roll anyway, then you get over the hump and the ranks actually start lowering the the roll required and it's like ohhhhhhh, neat. Wizards and sorcs (especially since no haste) obviously get shafted on this with the 0 profession mod.

It's also such a pile of shit doing low level bounties you're like 2x survival, 2x perception...and still need to roll like a 93 for the god damn bounty herb like wtf.
    Last edited by Donquix; 01-10-2019 at 07:58 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!