Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 181

Thread: Oval Office Address!

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    28,979
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
    Acetylene torches are pretty quiet.

    Also lulz thinking you can patrol all 1500 miles of border. Stop trying to think this is some movie or some crap where they detect this through “sensors and shit”, it’s fucking hard as fuck hence why almost 100,000 people on average get through without getting caught.
    They have sensors that alert them and they respond. The wall will help with that exact number you mentioned. It will slow down/impede illegal entry allowing them to respond. You aren't very smart are you.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  2. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You seem to also think that we are just building a wall and calling it done with. Again, it is part of a series of measures. If you are busy cutting a a steel slatl, the sensors are going to pick it up, sounds carries insanely far at night, guess who is there now? It is a significant slow down instead of people just running in.
    Whatever. You now have a wall with a hole in it, that you have to repair. It's a maintenance nightmare. 28 years of industrial building design experience says I'm right and you're wrong.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    28,979
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Whatever. You now have a wall with a hole in it, that you have to repair. It's a maintenance nightmare. 28 years of industrial building design experience says I'm right and you're wrong.
    I highly doubt any of your 29 years of architecture experience involves designing mullti-tier border security systems.

    I mean, decades upon decades of experience from actual border patrol agents disagree with you. You can toss around your building experience all you want, but you have 0 experience in border protection and security. When you have every President, and VP or the Border PAtrol council saying this is needed, when you have the former head of the border patrol that was an Obama appointee and was fired by Trump agreeing with Trump on the wall issue... Yeah...

    And on the plus side, it creates jobs. Why are you against job creation?
    Last edited by Gelston; 01-10-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    28,979
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Seriously, without a wall, wide open areas. Sensors are getting them, but they are over a wide area. A wall causes them the be channelized. Instead of being able to come in over a 5 mile area they have holes they have to squeeze through, which, btw, the sensors picked them up as they started making them so there are already Agents on the way.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    A Corporate Republic
    Posts
    12,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Whatever. You now have a wall with a hole in it, that you have to repair. It's a maintenance nightmare. 28 years of industrial building design experience says I'm right and you're wrong.
    You're retarded.

  6. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    You're retarded.
    High minded debate there. You must have went to college.

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    28,979
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    High minded debate there. You must have went to college.
    That would be the way UC Berkeley students debate, so maybe.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  8. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I highly doubt any of your 29 years of architecture experience involves designing mullti-tier border security systems.

    I mean, decades upon decades of experience from actual border patrol agents disagree with you. You can toss around your building experience all you want, but you have 0 experience in border protection and security. When you have every President, and VP or the Border PAtrol council saying this is needed, when you have the former head of the border patrol that was an Obama appointee and was fired by Trump agreeing with Trump on the wall issue... Yeah...

    And on the plus side, it creates jobs. Why are you against job creation?
    I'm saying steel is a poor choice. The same thing the people who tested it said. You still have a wall with a hole in it.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

  9. #119
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    28,979
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    I'm saying steel is a poor choice. The same thing the people who tested it said. You still have a wall with a hole in it.
    And I was never arguing that it was the best choice. It isn't what Trump wants either. He is trying to make a deal. I'm saying the wall doesn't exist in and of itself to stop people from getting in. It is one of several things made to impede.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  10. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    High minded debate there. You must have went to college.
    *gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •