Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Oval Office Address!

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Today the message is that the public supports the wall and the shutdown. Support begets support. The only way to be popular is to be perceived as popular.

In case you didn't know, Parscale is Trump's first 2020 campaign manager.
    You're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    You're stupid.
    This is correct.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

3. Default

President Donald Trump has repeatedly advocated for a steel slat design for his border wall, which he described as "absolutely critical to border security" in his Oval Office address to the nation Tuesday. But Department of Homeland Security testing of a steel slat prototype proved it could be cut through with a saw, according to a report by DHS.

A photo exclusively obtained by NBC News shows the results of the test after military and Border Patrol personnel were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...-sawed-n956856

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    President Donald Trump has repeatedly advocated for a steel slat design for his border wall, which he described as "absolutely critical to border security" in his Oval Office address to the nation Tuesday. But Department of Homeland Security testing of a steel slat prototype proved it could be cut through with a saw, according to a report by DHS.

A photo exclusively obtained by NBC News shows the results of the test after military and Border Patrol personnel were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...-sawed-n956856
    You seriously bite on anything they feed you don't you?

Ok, reality check: 1. Of all of the barriers cut in that photo, only the bottom right one could have been done by a saw, all of the other cuts were made by a torch or exothermic cutting outfit.
    2. The agents were told to use 'common industrial tools'. I would wager a shit ton of money, they used a gasoline powered rescue saw, something I am pretty sure migrants cannot readily get their hands and even then it
    would likely take at least 20-30 minutes and attract a lot of attention.

rescue saw.jpg

So unless you have one of these hanging around, then the barrier works.

When I see asinine stories like I this, I want to ask, 'then you must not bother locking the doors to your house right? I mean people can just bust down the door to get in.'

No barrier is perfect, it is one tool in the bag to accomplish the goal, but it is a tool, and it does serve as a deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post

Ok, reality check: 1. Of all of the barriers cut in that photo, only the bottom right one could have been done by a saw, all of the other cuts were made by a torch or exothermic cutting outfit.
    2. The agents were told to use 'common industrial tools'. I would wager a shit ton of money, they used a gasoline powered rescue saw, something I am pretty sure migrants cannot readily get their hands and even then it

rescue saw.jpg

When I see asinine stories like I this, I want to ask, 'then you must not bother locking the doors to your house right? I mean people can just bust down the door to get in.'

No barrier is perfect, it is one tool in the bag to accomplish the goal, but it is a tool, and it does serve as a deterrent.
    Even if a plain skillsaw from Lowe's would work, where the fuck are they gonna plug it in?
    Last edited by Methais; 01-10-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Even if a plain skillsaw from Lowe's would work, where the fuck are they gonna plug it in?
    They’ll bring a Honda generator with them or use lithium ion DeWalt tools.

I could see the cartel thinking up some shit like that but yeah run of the mill border jumper not so much.
    Semper superne nitens.

I can't even imagine taking a regular skilsaw to that and not absolutely ruining every blade in a pack of 3 in seconds. Plus, please point me to the nearest outlet in the middle of the desert.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post

rescue saw.jpg

Right, because the coyotes smuggling humans and drug smuggling cartel members don't have access to power tools which they'd be able to use.

Right, because the coyotes smuggling humans and drug smuggling cartel members don't have access to power tools which they'd be able to use.
    Smuggling requires secrecy and taking a generator out into the desert at night (when Border patrol is most active), hooking it up to a saw and spending unknown amounts of time cutting through steel.

Pinpointing that is going to be piss easy.

Blog Entries

Do you have any fucking idea how loud that would be? Grow a brain.

A lot of people seem to think the idea is to build a wall and forget it. No, it is part of comprehensive security measures.
    Last edited by Gelston; 01-10-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam