Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Oval Office Address!

Exclamation Oval Office Address!

Trump is making a prime-time speech tomorrow.

President Trump wants to address the nation about the government shutdown on Tuesday night, and later in the week plans to travel to the southern border as part of his effort to persuade Americans of the need for a border wall ó the sticking point in negotiations with Democrats who are eager to reopen shuttered agencies.

More...
    It will be his 16th Oval Office address. During his two terms in office, Obama made 20 Oval Office addresses.

Trump should follow through on his threat to declare at national emergency. The emergency is that Congress refuses to appropriate money for the Wall. Declaring a national emergency would allow Trump to cut military projects and use the saved funds to build the Wall.

Declaring a national emergency would make other things easier too. Trump has already said declaring a national emergency would allow him to use the "military version of eminent domain" to seize private property near the border on which to build the wall. That can only mean less deliberating and more action.

Q But that ó couldnít that hold up your wall?

THE PRESIDENT: No, itís not going to hold it up, because under the military version of eminent domain, and under, actually, Homeland Security, we can do it before we even start. Now, a lot of times weíll make a deal, and I would say a good percentage of the time weíre making deals. We have already purchased a lot of it. You know, a lot of the money that weíve been given has already been spent on purchasing the land, the right of way. Itís essentially a right of way.

So we are very, very far along on that. But eminent domain is something that has to be used. Usually you would say for anything thatís long, like a road, like a pipeline, or like a wall or a fence.

Okay? Thank you. Good question. Itís a good question.

More...
    Saturn replied. "I fear. There is not only the alternative of making and not making, but also of unmaking. Seest thou the great sea, how it ebbs and flows? so is it with me; my power ebbs; and if I put forth my hands, I shall not do, but undo. Therefore I do what I have done; I hold what I have got; and so I resist Night and Chaos."

You do realize the Supreme Court already ruled against the military version of eminent domain right? Also that Bush era cases on Eminent Domain are still processing in the court systems right? Good luck with that silliness.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

3. Default

I actually have family that lives near the border in AZ. This fucker better not try this eminent domain shit. This is such a clusterfuck. Doesn’t he get that the poor sobs that are actually walking across that border is a small fraction of illegals coming in and overstaying their visas or entering through other ports of entry.

Someone got hard legit stats on this? Maybe the CBP website?

4. Default

Let's watch even more red states turn blue

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    You do realize the Supreme Court already ruled against the military version of eminent domain right?
    Unless you can cite a source, it's not true.

Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

So Trump, who I did not vote for, who did not win the popular vote, is going on television to tell us that he wants our taxpayer dollars, my tax dollars, to build a wall I don't want or think we need. What time is that on? Oh, right. I don't give a fuck o'clock.

Last edited by Back; 01-07-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    So Trump, who I did not vote for, who did not win the popular vote, is going on television to tell us that he wants our taxpayer dollars, my tax dollars, to build a wall I don't want or think we need. What time is that on? Oh, right. I don't give a fuck o'clock.

I cannot wait for tomorrow...

I hope it's Hard Liquor Tuesday..
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk aka The Creepy Sponge View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

9. Default

“...and that is why tonight I am declaring a state of national emergency at our southern border.”

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post

Right, but then again, you are an ignorant retard and should be ignored so...