Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Oval Office Address!

Exclamation Oval Office Address!

Trump is making a prime-time speech tomorrow.

President Trump wants to address the nation about the government shutdown on Tuesday night, and later in the week plans to travel to the southern border as part of his effort to persuade Americans of the need for a border wall — the sticking point in negotiations with Democrats who are eager to reopen shuttered agencies.

More...
    It will be his 16th Oval Office address. During his two terms in office, Obama made 20 Oval Office addresses.

Trump should follow through on his threat to declare at national emergency. The emergency is that Congress refuses to appropriate money for the Wall. Declaring a national emergency would allow Trump to cut military projects and use the saved funds to build the Wall.

Declaring a national emergency would make other things easier too. Trump has already said declaring a national emergency would allow him to use the "military version of eminent domain" to seize private property near the border on which to build the wall. That can only mean less deliberating and more action.

Q But that — couldn’t that hold up your wall?

THE PRESIDENT: No, it’s not going to hold it up, because under the military version of eminent domain, and under, actually, Homeland Security, we can do it before we even start. Now, a lot of times we’ll make a deal, and I would say a good percentage of the time we’re making deals. We have already purchased a lot of it. You know, a lot of the money that we’ve been given has already been spent on purchasing the land, the right of way. It’s essentially a right of way.

So we are very, very far along on that. But eminent domain is something that has to be used. Usually you would say for anything that’s long, like a road, like a pipeline, or like a wall or a fence.

Okay? Thank you. Good question. It’s a good question.

More...
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

You do realize the Supreme Court already ruled against the military version of eminent domain right? Also that Bush era cases on Eminent Domain are still processing in the court systems right? Good luck with that silliness.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

3. Default

Let's watch even more red states turn blue

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    You do realize the Supreme Court already ruled against the military version of eminent domain right?
    Unless you can cite a source, it's not true.

Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

So Trump, who I did not vote for, who did not win the popular vote, is going on television to tell us that he wants our taxpayer dollars, my tax dollars, to build a wall I don't want or think we need. What time is that on? Oh, right. I don't give a fuck o'clock.

Last edited by Back; 01-07-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    So Trump, who I did not vote for, who did not win the popular vote, is going on television to tell us that he wants our taxpayer dollars, my tax dollars, to build a wall I don't want or think we need. What time is that on? Oh, right. I don't give a fuck o'clock.

I cannot wait for tomorrow...

I hope it's Hard Liquor Tuesday..
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Right, but then again, you are an ignorant retard and should be ignored so...

LOL @ butthurt democraps wanting equal tv time with the president's oval office address. "He's going to tell America how we're obstructing at the cost of national security and we won't be able to deny it!" hahaha get some you liberal turds.

You know, I freely admit I am not a lawyer, but I cannot understand why people keep using the Truman nationalization of the steel industry as a comparison to what is going on at the border. Trump is not looking to take over a segment of the economy, he wants to secure the southern border. Not sure that argument is the appropriate one to make.

Secondly, as far as eminent domain goes, the cases that are working their way through court systems, if I recall correctly involve instances where the government deemed it beneficial but it was not specifically for a government project, ie. I know there was one that they wanted to build a mall or apartment or something and tried to get the government to seize the land through eminent domain, which is complete horse shit. This circumstance is completely different, the government is well within the purview of eminent domain to seize land to build a structure that is in its best interest, ie. interstates, waterways, dams. It is black letter law, the only thing that hangs it up is how much are they going to pay for it.