Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Oval Office Address!

This tweet confirms that my idea for a blue ribbon commission is the way to go. It is the classic bureaucratic way to postpone the resolution of a dispute without hurting anybody's feelings today.

Isn't he supposed to be the great dealmaker? Storming out is fixing exactly what?
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    Isn't he supposed to be the great dealmaker? Storming out is fixing exactly what?

Walking out is a basic negotiating tactic. I bet Trump is the sort of person who has done it dozens of times in business negotiations. It is best used when you can afford to walk away from a deal but the other side cannot afford to have you walk away. Even when you can't afford to walk away, you can still bluff that you are walking away, which is what Trump is doing.

When the other side has just literally refused to negotiate even minimally in good faith, there's not much point to sitting and staring at each other.

They weren't asked to negotiate, he said will you give me my money for the wall, exactly what about that is negotiating?
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

They weren't asked to negotiate, he said will you give me my money for the wall, exactly what about that is negotiating?
    If you watched anything besides cnn and jimmy kimmel and you'd know what was offered. There were several offers from Republicans. Absolutely none from democraps.

7. Default

You gotta figure that he's gone his whole life being surrounded by yes men, never being held accountable for anything. I imagine his reality is being turned upside down right now.

Odd Dems passed the bills the GOP sent over from the senate before the new year, with zero changes. They passed in the Senate 100-0. Suddenly they are unacceptable, one was actually written by Mitch MCConnell, is he some great leader of the Democrats now?

Blog Entries

Odd Dems passed the bills the GOP sent over from the senate before the new year, with zero changes. They passed in the Senate 100-0. Suddenly they are unacceptable, one was actually written by Mitch MCConnell, is he some great leader of the Democrats now?
    Odd dems voted for walls before but now they all of a suddenly consider them immoral and a waste of money.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

10. Default

Trump should have accepted DACA protections back when Dems offered money for a wall. Now he's an impotent POTUS with zero political capital and the wolves are closing in. Stable genius my ass