Thread: Sonic Flares w/ UAC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    If you keep reading people tried to get him to clarify that statement and he never did, and it is directly at odds with what Finros (who actually made that system) said. It's pretty trivial to check since the difference is so dramatic.

a hundred or so swings with just flaring gloves or a flaring handheld and the chance is 20+% depending on how you calculate it. I was doing: flares / (jab attempts - killshots not caused by a flare) and depending on when i check it's ~23% (riltus has normal flares as 20%, and i take his word as gospel generally)

use both and it's immediately down to 10-12%, put one away and immediately back up. At first I was checking with non-flaring gloves + a held, realized my gloves were blessed (but i was hunting living) and dispelled the bless just to be sure, didn't make a difference. flare chance is unchanged (made sure to put the weapon away, get it back out just in case it's a weird GET thing, did a remove/stow/get/wear of the gloves after the bless removal also to be sure)

I got lazy at the end was doing pretty brief runs (until i got like 6 or 7 flares), but it's like clockwork to the higher chance and back down as you change the gear out.

a little annoying as the only scripted items i have to check are either already weird on flare chance (i.e. parasite) or have regular + scripted flares, and it should be checked with only the scripted to minimize the variables. Plus who knows if all scripts work the same with determining how often they should, i.e. do some miss the stacked gear hook entirely? then paladin flares and bard flares might be entirely different.
    The formula is essentially 1/n=modifier for flare rate, where n= # pieces of equipment either worn or held. It doesn't matter if the equipment is plain, its still counted. So gloves and a handheld would be a .5 modifier to the standard flare rate of all pieces of equipment used in that attack.

That's direct from Finros after monks release.

As Donquix said, its possible that some systems interact with it oddly but that's for sure the design when it comes to standard flares including holy water bless flares.

Bottom line, if you use a piece of UAC equipment and want flares then make sure every one of them has flares so you'll get a normalized rate. Adding script flares and other types will also help as its not calculated per number of flares, but per # of equipment. So a piece of equipment with a script flare and paladin flares will still flare a lot ... relatively speaking in the context of the normalized rate.
    Last edited by Aluvius; 01-07-2019 at 08:03 PM.