Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: Sonic Flares w/ UAC

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I'd think their 3x evade, evade mastery, and the ability to disarm passively when parrying with their bare hands (1214) would compensate for not having parry mastery. The only thing that's really killing a trained monk are warding spells.

    The missing CMAN that really messes with my head is zero shield abilities for a square. Sure, they don't have to train in shields, but it's a valid option and they should have the small, medium, large focus w/ shielded brawler as an option. That gives them a way to equip some CvA defense (w/ T5 ensorcelled shield and full focus training) by sacrificing some of their dodge potency, training points, and MM.

    But, utility is a thing, and they don't really have it (yet??).
    Eh, I don't lament the loss of shields. Using one stops making 1214 work anyway so it's a trade off even if the CMAN was available. I never really hit the wall where people said I was going to, at any level, for being warded, and I never needed outside spells. Once I was capped I did get a T5 ensorcell on my already +5 TD robes, but with the exception of invasion critters that ward everybody, nothing really ever could cast at me successfully.

    As far as having no utility, Spiffy...what uh....utility are we talkin' about for warriors then? Sheathmaking? I'll take -40% stamina costs for the group any day!

    http://labreesbakery.com/mtd/

    Edit to add: Don't get me wrong, it'd be cool to have them available, sure. But if we're wishing for things, I'd wish for the ability to 2x lores WAY sooner than the shield thing.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 01-11-2019 at 01:16 PM.

  2. Default

    Can you have both flares and padding on a piece of accessory armor?

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Can you have both flares and padding on a piece of accessory armor?
    That's a good question...probably, with the way padding works now with the services and all, but I dunno for sure. It'd take a pretty ridiculous amount of min-maxing to want to invest enough to do that though I think.

  4. #24

    Default

    What lack of utility? Monks can recharge shimmer trinkets with 1212....

  5. Default

    Whatever happened to 1212 being implemented by the end of 2018? I guess that never happened.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Whatever happened to 1212 being implemented by the end of 2018? I guess that never happened.
    Oh man, did Simu miss a dead line? How unlike them. I hope all the coders are okay working overtime to rectify this. Wyrom must be pouring sweat with all the stress of missing 1212 being implemented.

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    What lack of utility? Monks can recharge shimmer trinkets with 1212....
    It's excellent that shimmer trinkets, which is what 1212 should be, are fully coded and exist and have to be charged with 1212. Such a deliberate troll.

    Between shimmer trinkets and 1206 that's two pieces of monkdom that were created to be sold for simucoins. Lmao.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Oh man, did Simu miss a dead line? How unlike them. I hope all the coders are okay working overtime to rectify this. Wyrom must be pouring sweat with all the stress of missing 1212 being implemented.
    Haha. Fair point.

  9. #29

    Default

    a Warrior doing puncture protection is a great utility for me!


    I've never done a UAC bard... but I've hunted with one only around level 35-40 she did okay(dunno the flare rate).. but my THW user was the cause of most death..
    Last edited by Roiken; 01-11-2019 at 02:26 PM.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roiken View Post
    a Warrior doing puncture protection is a great utility for me!


    I've never done a UAC bard... but I've hunted with one only around level 35-40 she did okay(dunno the flare rate).. but my THW user was the cause of most death..
    One DR a few instances ago, Archales was bard-hasting me before going into the Arena (as a monk). Based on my experience with that, bard UAC is fucking awesome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •