Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Wins Against Transgender Soldiers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow Trump Wins Against Transgender Soldiers

WASHINGTON, Jan 4 (Reuters) - In a legal victory for U.S. President Donald Trump's administration, a federal appeals court on Friday threw out a lower court ruling that blocked a policy barring certain transgender people from serving in the U.S. armed forces, which the government said is important for military readiness.

More...
    I agree with the court. It's about readiness. It takes a lot longer to get ready if you're transgender.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    I agree with the court. It's about readiness. It takes a lot longer to get ready if you're transgender.
    You obviously don't know what readiness means. I'm sure we'll see a t4f meltdown in here soon enough though.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You obviously don't know what readiness means.
    Meh, 'readiness' is a nebulous concept. We had people held back for lawsuits, article 15s, tuberculosis positives, sudden injuries, pregnancies, and catching the gay. Still deployed fine. Whatever you're missing gets made up in training battalions. I think people vastly overestimate the number of trans people in the military.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Meh, 'readiness' is a nebulous concept. We had people held back for lawsuits, article 15s, tuberculosis positives, sudden injuries, pregnancies, and catching the gay. Still deployed fine. Whatever you're missing gets made up in training battalions. I think people vastly overestimate the number of trans people in the military.
    People who are on hormone treatments and all that shit are non-deployable. All that shit you listed, why add to it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    People who are on hormone treatments and all that shit are non-deployable. All that shit you listed, why add to it?
    Because it's such a small number it's pretty much immaterial to the Green Machine. They are probably spending more time and energy arguing this in court than just putting someone who is transitioning in a rear detachment and transfering in someone who's just finished training.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Because it's such a small number it's pretty much immaterial to the Green Machine. They are probably spending more time and energy arguing this in court than just putting someone who is transitioning in a rear detachment and transfering in someone who's just finished training.
    Small numbers add up.

7. Default

I think if we can solve, or at least start solving the mental health issues associated with transgendered people it's no problem at all to have them serving. We've got a ways to go on that front though. I'm not talking "transgender is a disease" or anything like that. We've really only just opened the door and started looking into why transgendered people have higher rates of depression and all that, and you've got to factor in hormone treatments, various degrees of surgeries and setups involved. It's a process that uproots one's life in ways that we don't really fully understand yet.

Once we start getting a handle on it, and that's happening pretty quickly these days, then I think we're good to go and you're spot on with the training battalions and low numbers.

8. Default

They gotta get their nails did with that special glaze that prevents chipping. If you're gonna get the package with the manicure and the camouflage nail paint, you have to protect against chipping too or you're just wasting money. Everybody knows that army guns chip nails at an above average rate.

Plus there's that story where the transgendered woman with the improperly tucked penis had it just flapping around and it got sucked into a jet engine and she died, so the air force is out too.

Anyway, if there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that it's not at all about taking into account training time and psychology and higher rates of things like clinical depression and such that are all hurdles to combat readiness for soldiers.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 01-04-2019 at 02:24 PM.

This just illustrates how retarded you are.

Why do you peg yourself with ice cream cones, starting with the wide end even?
    Last edited by Methais; 01-05-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible