Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the most expensive weapon ever?

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    Calael refused a 14k offer on his so there's that argument.
    I threw up a little in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    The item I was referring to was an original Ebow at 850-900m end value sold at 7.50 per million, but there are no shortage of exceptionally expensive weapons sold all the time. My reasoning for Roblar's costing more then the others is pretty simple, not only did he pay for the various services, he also did it over nearly 20 years based on when he bough the axe at 6x HCW,. Time is money after all.
    Which bow was this?

TBH, I never really worked on it until 2009 or so. I was content focusing on training and only began focusing on upgrading gear after postcap as a new goal or avenue to improve. It was 6x HCW sword/board until well past cap.

All 3 items were mostly brought to their levels at RtCF, CCF (pay one), and Duskruin. I only used silvers (or silvers to $ to simucoins to bloodscrip) and time, with a healthy side of luck.

It was 10x ECW pre RtCF with enchants from premium point block purchases, buying someone's merchant enchant win and someone's +5 weighting Droughtman's Championship win. Even that though was probably a combined 350M though. Converted, silvers would likely been about $7-8 then.

RtCF was 130M or so for another +10 weighting and 85M twice for splitting and splitting unlocking. CCF was cheaper for weighting and Duskruin was probably 650K for UB and weighting. So I'd guess about 1.6B in silvers at an average price of $9 for the time (rtcf/ccf and early Duskruin were about $10 per and the bulk of the enhancements).

Calael refused a 14k offer on his so there's that argument.
    These weren't really created to sell, though I bet I know where that offer came from

Actually, I'd say his has cost the most since the sewers cost even more simucoins per bloodscrip and alot of work was done through there (and the auction win totals were abit higher than the later fixed price). Plus, has the most enhancements possible.
    Last edited by Roblar; 01-03-2019 at 08:24 PM.

Btw, I created this page pretty much for those 3 and any other top ones per weapon base and probably can add alot more if anyone knows of others.

https://gswiki.play.net/Legendary_weapons
    Last edited by Roblar; 01-03-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    These weren't really created to sell, though I bet I know where that offer came from
    Some people in GS are like black holes, equipment goes in but doesn't ever come out. Plus people get too attached to their pet projects, and some just plain don't care about $.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    Btw, I created this page pretty much for those 3 and any other top ones per weapon base and probably can add alot more if anyone knows of others.

https://gswiki.play.net/Legendary_weapons
    Not even a single sword on that list. Not a one. Excalibur, Masamune, Joyeuse, Durandal. But in GemStone the bases suck so nahh!

8. Default

Some people in GS are like black holes, equipment goes in but doesn't ever come out. Plus people get too attached to their pet projects, and some just plain don't care about $.
    I couldn't help it if high end daggers wanted to be with their own kind instead of other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordred View Post
    I couldn't help it if high end blunts wanted to be with their own kind instead of other people.
    This reminds me of someone else somehow.

10. Default

This reminds me of someone else somehow.
    That just means it is a logical conclusion.