Thread: Enchanting Invar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Enchanting Invar

Invar is naturally +2. Is that considered 1x, so that if I take it up to 4x it will be +17 not +20?

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    Invar is naturally +2. Is that considered 1x, so that if I take it up to 4x it will be +17 not +20?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Yes.
    Well, crap. Figured it was that way, but hoped it wasn't.

But you can e-blade it with only 7 ranks of a lore and have a +22 with flares.
    What I am enchanting is armor, but that is good to know. I suppose 3DS isn't that big of a deal in the long run.

Thanks, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    Well, crap. Figured it was that way, but hoped it wasn't.
    It never used to be, +22 was at one point considered 4x I'm not sure when and why it was changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    It never used to be, +22 was at one point considered 4x I'm not sure when and why it was changed.
    +21-25 has been considered 5x for as long as I can remember. +26-30 is 6x, etc.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    +21-25 has been considered 5x for as long as I can remember. +26-30 is 6x, etc.
    Invar used to be considered "naturally" +2, so 0x, yet +2 "naturally". So a forged invar weapon used to be enchantable as if it had no extra bonus like any plain steel weapon, but gained +2 after the enchant so a 4x enchanted invar weapon was +22: +20 from the enchant, then +2 for the natural enchant of invar. So even though it was 4x, it was +22. Seems like they changed this back when they changed forged weapons to be +1,2 or 3 to avd instead of AS. Reported for not remembering.

But you can e-blade it with only 7 ranks of a lore and have a +22 with flares.

Well you can also get a partial enchant certificate at DR to take it to a true full enchant. I forget how much BS it was, but I do recall thinking it was worth it unless you were trying to get to a full 7.

And sadly they made it impossible to curse it on purpose so it could be a full enchant that way.